NeXus LAN 11 May 18/19th 2013

More
21 Feb 2013 20:39 - 25 Feb 2013 07:13 #29576 by renegade
NeXus LAN 11 details

When - 12pm May 18th thru 6pm May 19th. New venue with alot more room, and even more room to grow in the future. Location has onsite food / drinks / snacks. $6.00 Pizza, 1.00 soda, .75 candy, $2.00 beer, $2.00 Bawls great prices for onsite food/drink. No outside food allowed in while kitchen is open. You may bring in water/soda in small quantities, no large coolers. Small cooler bags ok. Chairs are awesome no folding chairs they are all nice fabric/padded comfortable chairs. Plenty of parking. Lots of food onsite and near by, as well as hotels. Sleeping at event is allowed as well.

Where - Miamisburg Moose Lodge
2110 E Central Ave
Miamisburg, OH 45342

Seating for 104 people. Pre-reserve seating chart will be available soon

Cost - $15.00 per person thru April 30th includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket. (Best Deal!)
$20.00 per person May 1 - May 17th includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket.
$25.00 at the door includes 1 general raffle ticket, 1 PC raffle ticket.

Current Sponsors for NeXus LAN 11 - P3 Computers, LAN OC Reviews, CPU Magazine

We once again are able to raffle a complete PC thanks to P3 Computers. PC is an Intel I5, 8g Ram, 1tb HD, DVD/RW, Wireless, windows 8 complete system.

Please thank your sponsors on the thier facebook page, our forums, and our facebook page.

Tournaments -

FPS (Saturday) to be voted on in forums soon
RTS (Saturday) to be voted on in forums soon
Saturday late night - The War Z (after midnight raffle)
Old School (Sunday) to be announced at LAN
FPS (Sunday) to be voted on in the forums soon

Exact times and rules will be posted closer to the event date.

Regards,
The NeXus LAN Team.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2013 07:13 by renegade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2013 00:19 #29577 by Plague
other then the food part. sounds like a sweet location. I think the food thing is going to be bad, just my opinion.

More
22 Feb 2013 00:59 #29579 by renegade
I do not see it being bad. They are a family organization your helping to begin with. $6.00 for a large pizza thats the same price it was at NL 10 when we ordered from Dominos. .75 for a candy bar etc, go to speed way an spend a $1.00 on a candy bar. Bawls is normal price as well being sold by the venue at $2.00.

Soda is $1.00. We looked at 15+ locations and alot more by phone an this is the only one that allowed us to do all we wanted, and then some. Allowing us to put in more power if needed, run network thru the ceiling and leave it there, and has room to expand to 200+ people down the line.

If not being able to bring outside food in is an issue and you pre-paid let me know I will refund.

More
22 Feb 2013 01:15 #29580 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic NeXus LAN 11 May 18/19th 2013
I have gone to Lans where outside food isn't allowed. They didn't last long. If I was closer I would go because you guys are awesome food or no food. Maybe I can talk to Dreyvas and see if he wants to car pool down.

More
22 Feb 2013 01:36 #29581 by renegade
Its not like you HAVE to eat onsite. You can go out to where ever eat come back. Hell thats what I do 95% of the time at all LAN's I go to. I seldom bring food back to the LAN.

Do I bring drinks to a LAN yeah usually but I do not mind 1.00 for a can or glass of soda, or less for bottled water. I will get an exact list of what all is available an pricing.

They also plan to have a $5.00 all you can eat pancake breakfast as well, which is the same price that twodavez charges when he does it him self at dif lans.

More
22 Feb 2013 01:56 #29582 by Arxon
The problem I have is if they don't have what I like, I would be SOL.

More
22 Feb 2013 02:06 #29583 by renegade
Well on drinks they have either pepsi or coke not sure which, but a Cola, diet, sprite, etc, as well as water, coffee, beer, Bawls, and other selections.

Plenty of candy an chip selections.

As well as on site kitchen making food.

Basicially speaking it was go with this site that had ALL we needed, but no carry in food. Or pretty much end NeXus LAN large events till we could find another location and we had been looking for over 8 months. So it was have a LAN or pretty much no large LAN in Dayton. So we choose to go with it as I get asked all the time when is the next NeXus, why was there only 1 last year, etc.

More
22 Feb 2013 02:23 #29584 by Arxon
On site kitchen making food... Yum! I was just going from experience.

More
22 Feb 2013 02:38 #29585 by renegade
yes they have an onsite kitchen making food. I know for sure they are making killer pizza's onsite but wiating to hear what else.

More
22 Feb 2013 02:43 #29586 by Dreyvas

Arxon wrote: I have gone to Lans where outside food isn't allowed. They didn't last long. If I was closer I would go because you guys are awesome food or no food. Maybe I can talk to Dreyvas and see if he wants to car pool down.

Can't make it to this one due to previous obligations but maybe in the future.

More
22 Feb 2013 02:50 #29587 by garfi3ld
Every location has its downsides, the food stuff isn't a bad downside all things considering.

Ether way I will be there and bringing along a few prizes as well including atleast one water cooling kit to give away to everyone

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Rhythmatic

More
22 Feb 2013 02:56 - 22 Feb 2013 02:56 #29588 by Fildy
Replied by Fildy on topic NeXus LAN 11 May 18/19th 2013
I don't think no food brought in is a huge deal. If you really wanted your favorite cookie or candybar you could just run out to the car and grab a snack, but honestly I don't that should be an issue.

The only place I can see someone getting into real trouble is if they don't have a soda that they like. I myself have only been drinking Coke Zero lately, and not having that offered could be a bit of a pain, but as long as they have water I am not going to complain.

If there is no water fountain or option for free tap water I might get a bit upset, but other than that it isn't a big deal. Quite a few of us are from the area and can probably get you to any restaurant that you would want, which as Dave said is something a lot of people do anyway.

As far as breakfast goes, its a little saddening to see Twodavez job outsourced, but that's more or less because he is always so chipper in the morning and manages to put a smile on everyone's face. I am not a pancake kinda guy anyway so this doesn't really affect me either way.

Plus people aren't even mentioning the bar. How can this be a bad thing at all? Lots of folks like to have a few drinks at the LAN and its not allowed because the LAN allows underage people come and play. This way, the establishment is doing all the carding, we can still have the same crowd, and those who wanna drink don't have to break the rules to do so.

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 02:56 by Fildy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

More
22 Feb 2013 03:41 #29589 by Dreyvas

Fildy wrote: Plus people aren't even mentioning the bar. How can this be a bad thing at all? Lots of folks like to have a few drinks at the LAN and its not allowed because the LAN allows underage people come and play. This way, the establishment is doing all the carding, we can still have the same crowd, and those who wanna drink don't have to break the rules to do so.

This is an excellent point.

More
22 Feb 2013 09:34 #29605 by Koolaid84
I can understand the venue trying to make some extra money from the renter which i have no problem with :) Im willing to support as long as its good food lol

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
22 Feb 2013 16:28 #29606 by Lersar
Still up in the air about whether I can make it, but I'm excited about the food situation. Aside from the occasional wanting to go out to eat somewhere unique to the city, finding food and a way to get it to the venue is always a pain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
25 Feb 2013 06:55 #29623 by renegade
Update date on carry in food/drink.

Drinks you can carry in water or soda in small amounts. EG no large coolers etc, Small cooler bags with a few drinks, a 2 liter all fine.

Food can not be carried in when the kitchen is open. After the kitchen closes if people still hungry etc they can order things in etc.

Note details are subject to change. If any changes you we will post asap.

I will be posting a list of food and prices soon. I know right now Large cheese or Pepironi pizza will be $5.00, soda $1.00, candy/chips $.75. They are also planning to have hot dogs/chips and chilli dogs/chips.

More
25 Feb 2013 07:07 #29624 by Wingless92
That's great news!

I was gonna say, if I can't bring in Monster then that would suck. Not going to bring a cooler full of it but 3 or 4 cans.

As for the food I really don't care. I more than willing to run out to grab a bite to eat.

I signed up but I am still unsure if I am going to be able to go. The next day I will be going to Cedar Point so I am unsure if I want to drive over on Saturday, drive home on Sunday and then drive up to Cedar Point on Monday.

Glad that you got a new place as well. Sounds much better than the past spots, not that they were bad. I have enjoyed every Nexus LAN that I have gone to.

More
25 Feb 2013 20:08 #29625 by draymac

renegade wrote: They are also planning to have hot dogs/chips and chilli dogs/chips.

Well, Why didn't you say so in the first place!?!?
:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
25 Feb 2013 21:04 #29628 by garfi3ld
lolol

Wes

More
01 Mar 2013 00:23 #29676 by evildoer
Chilli Dogs

Can we make Beano mandatory?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
01 Mar 2013 00:34 #29677 by garfi3ld
oh god

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

More
02 Mar 2013 03:33 #29699 by renegade
Please note that this clarification is in order for all attending NexusLAN 11.

We are all sorta guests at the Lodge, with exception to actual L.O.O.M. or W.O.T.M. members.
The only Lodge general rule that appears to be the problem is being misunderstood.
The Lodge only reserves the rights of "NO FOOD" carried in during operating hours of the kitchen. This applies to ALL members and guests.
This rule applies to help defray costs of operation of the Lodge by selling food through volunteers. So, in a nutshell, it's just respect of our Lodge and membership.
The Lodge is offering special pricing to our LAN on pizzas and other "member only" privileges.

The kitchen's general operating hours on Saturday are 5:30p to 9:00p. During this time, the Lodge expects respect of that rule of no carry-in food.
After the hour of 9:00p, it is open season to order and bring in outside food. This is not a problem with the lodge.
There is Lodge intent to continue to provide such extras during the evening in the way of hotdogs and/or chili-dogs with chips.
But, this will not engage the carry-in rule, because the kitchen is closed.
We are in the works of getting a breakfast deal also. So if this occurs, those Sunday morning hours are also no Carry-in ruled.

There is ABSOLUTELY no carry-in alcoholic beverages allowed at any time.
The Lodge will lose their license if this occurs and is detected by officials.
Again, ABSOLUTELY no carry-in alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time.

If you would like to obtain a mixed-drink or beer, it can be provided by the Lodge, at membership prices, through any L.O.O.M. or W.O.T.M. member.

I hope this clears up any questions that have arisen to the No carry-in food rule.
Refreshment drinks can be brought in but we reserve the right to refuse large coolers.
It's a Fire-Code violation to block intended escape aisles for emergency purposes. Large coolers may pose this problem.

Renegade, DarkEgo and myself are on top of providing the best we can get, to start this new site event without any hitches.
The soda and candy prices are from on site vending machines and not controlled by our Staff.

Thank-you for your time and understanding.
I hope all enjoy this event and many more to come.

Zebbe

L.O.O.M. = Loyal Order Of Moose (Membership is available, with application fees waived until April 30th) Just ask! It's a great Family Fraternity.
W.O.T.M. = Women Of The Moose

More
02 Mar 2013 04:06 #29700 by garfi3ld
thanks for the update, looking forward to the lan :)

Wes

More
07 Mar 2013 00:48 #29738 by Myndmelt
Looking for a ride from Fort Wayne.

More
07 Mar 2013 06:19 #29739 by renegade
Check with twodavez and or JJ they are both coming I think.

More
07 Mar 2013 06:40 #29740 by Twodavez
I'll be traveling down the night before with a minivan full of my family and staying the night at my inlaws. If you could make it to New Castle, In, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride from there with me Saturday morning...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Apr 2013 06:00 #30540 by renegade
Hello everyone,

We were able to add an additional 8 seats (116 total) for NeXus LAN 11. These seats are available to be taken now. To register/pay follow this link: www.nexuslan.org/registration.php

Cost is still $15 for the next 48 hours.

We do not have enough time to get these seats in the seating chart and will simply be assigned to you at the event.

Regards,
The NeXus LAN Team.

More
10 May 2013 06:10 #30617 by garfi3ld
I'm excited to see everyone next weekend. Going to hook up my LAN rig tomorrow and start updating.

I will also be publishing an update to my lan rig this coming week as well. Made a few changes inside!

Wes

More
14 May 2013 03:48 #30706 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: I'm excited to see everyone next weekend. Going to hook up my LAN rig tomorrow and start updating.

I will also be publishing an update to my lan rig this coming week as well. Made a few changes inside!

I am also hyped about this LAN. :woohoo: I really missed seeing everyone at the last LAN OC event, so this will be like a family reunion!

See you all soon!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 1616 guests and one member online

supportus