IU LAN

More
21 Sep 2012 20:09 #28083 by Twodavez
IU LAN was created by Twodavez
That’s right, it’s time! Gaming @ IU’s LanWar XXII is upon us, and this fall’s event is bigger than ever. For the first time, IU Gaming is leaving the Indiana University campus to host an event twice the size of any previous lan.

That’s right, this Fall, LanWar XXIII will host 500 attendees, at the Monroe County Fairgrounds!

You’ll stil get all the great swag, all the great food, play all the great tournaments, but now with twice the friends! Register now, even with an event this big, the seats are limited!

Event Details:

Saturday, October 13th, Noon – Sunday, October 14th @ Noon.

Monroe County Fairgrounds Commercial Building (6.3 miles west of Briscoe)

5700 West Airport Road Van Buren, IN 47403

$20.00 gets you all the food, all the swag, and all the fun!

REGISTER NOW

For lists of sponsors, game tournaments, and other juicy details, see the Gaming @ IU forums, at www.iugaming.com/forums (forum registration is required for even registration).

UPDATE: NOS is “The Official Energy Drink of LAN War XXIII.” Free Nos and swag for all attendees!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2012 20:11 #28084 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic IU LAN
I know that the IU LAN has left a little bit of a bad taste in our mouths due to the format and space they had the event, but with the new change in venue, i'm really thinking about heading down and checking it out.

The 200 person event used to sell out in a matter of days, but here we are 3 weeks till the event and they still have over 300 (last time i checked) seats avaiable. I'd assume they've alread gotten their huge stockpile of prizes, so heading down there for the free food, drinks, and prizes would be worth the $20 entrance fee. But if they're throwing in LAN Gaming, it just seems like a slam dunk to me...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
22 Sep 2012 06:17 - 01 Oct 2012 04:13 #28086 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic IU LAN
I will not be attending. While y'all are partying, I will be on a flight to LA for a work project.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 04:13 by cytog64.

More
22 Sep 2012 18:16 - 22 Sep 2012 18:18 #28090 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic IU LAN
Well, I guess I will not be going. I am running over to Kings Island on Sunday with some friends from college. Then again, I could come for just Saturday. I will have to wait and see. I know if the weather is poop on Sunday we won't be going to Kings Island anyways. I will have to wait until that Thursday and then make a decision.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2012 18:18 by Wingless92.

More
24 Sep 2012 16:40 #28094 by Twodavez
I'm in, after doing some planing with my wife, it's going to work out for me to attend this new venture for the IU Group!
I know JJSky_5000, HaleyM2012, and Daveyo will be going also.

Anyone else? It's just 3 weekends away!

I'll be leaving from New Castle, IN saturday morning if anyone wants to car-pool from there....

More
24 Sep 2012 16:44 #28096 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic IU LAN
I doubt I will plan on attending. It's about 3hours or more to drive for it. But since NexusLan 11 is out , I might see about making it if for nothing else to experience it.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
24 Sep 2012 17:20 #28097 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic IU LAN
Really wouldn't mind attending, but a six-hour drive is a bit much for me.

More
24 Sep 2012 20:32 #28098 by Twodavez

Sideout wrote: I doubt I will plan on attending. It's about 3hours or more to drive for it. But since NexusLan 11 is out , I might see about making it if for nothing else to experience it.

With them more than doubling their size and being in a new space, i'd imagine there might be a few more hiccups than they're used to, but the staff there is pretty good and really quick to react so i'm sure it'll be fun.

I'm just trying to get a headcount of people who might want to sit together since there isn't assigned seating. In the past they've allowed groups to "register" and come in early to mark out some space for their group before all the singles/doubles come in and sit 3 seats away making it impossible for a group to sit together...

More
24 Sep 2012 20:34 #28099 by Twodavez

Dreyvas wrote: Really wouldn't mind attending, but a six-hour drive is a bit much for me.

It's from noon to noon, so you'd leave your place at 6 am saturday and be home by 6 pm sunday. It wouldn't be that bad, especially if you could meet up with JJ in Fort Wayne and catch a ride...
Just saying, if you wanna go, there are a few options to car-pool...

More
03 Oct 2012 20:00 #28155 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic IU LAN
Well i am kicking around going to the event if for nothing more than seeing how they run it and what cool stuff they have to give away.

I see they have almost 200 people signed up for the event.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
03 Oct 2012 21:57 #28156 by Twodavez
While i highly doubt they're going to sell out :( , i'll be there! Looking forward to some gaming and playing some of the new games i've got, especially Orcs Must Die II.

More
04 Oct 2012 05:54 #28157 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic IU LAN
I wasn't seeing that the event is in Van Buren now. Not too far away. Im thinking about registering :)

More
04 Oct 2012 06:46 - 04 Oct 2012 06:57 #28158 by Myndmelt

Twodavez wrote:

Why does this say Van Buren? It's Bloomington, IN 47403

I was going to go, but now I don't think I will unless I find a ride w/ someone else from Fort Wayne.

Edit: I see now, its Van Buren Township. Not Van Buren, Indiana.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2012 06:57 by Myndmelt.

More
04 Oct 2012 21:09 #28160 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Why does this say Van Buren? It's Bloomington, IN 47403

I was going to go, but now I don't think I will unless I find a ride w/ someone else from Fort Wayne.

Edit: I see now, its Van Buren Township. Not Van Buren, Indiana.

Yeah it's their fairgrounds down near Bloomington. Sorry to get your hopes up and then back down again...

More
05 Oct 2012 04:02 #28161 by Myndmelt
Well if anyone that's going has space, let me know.

More
05 Oct 2012 16:31 #28162 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote: Well if anyone that's going has space, let me know.

I think JJSky_5000 might have a spot, and i'll be leaving from New Castle, IN if anyone wants to meet half way and car-pool from Indianapolis or somewhere along I-70 by Indy.

More
05 Oct 2012 23:31 #28167 by Twodavez
Just got an email from the IU Guys...
As always, the Gaming @ IU staff have worked really hard to get this event underway, freely donating our time and energy to make this event happen.
For this event, we're far below expectations for attendance, and really need your help to get us to where we want to be, and to get Sponsors happy with the level of exposure their products will get.
With that in mind, we've designed a few promotions to try and help you guys get our seats filled.

Registration Blitz - Any user that registers in the next 72 hours will be prompted to select a referrer.
Your first referral refunds $5 of your admission, the second gives you back $10! (That's right, you'd get the whole LAN for $5!).
And, we're planning a very special, big prize for the attendee with the most referrals, and one of their referrees!

Groups - Come one, come all. Coming to the Lan War with all your buddies is part of what makes it a great experience.
Any group of five or more attendees posted on this forum thread (www.iugaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5802) will be given a free admission ticket, to bring anther friend!
Any group that reaches that point, have a member contact me through the forums, and I'll send them your free pass!

Ride Board - Several group members (especially undergraduates) have expressed concern about finding a ride back and forth to the off campus event. Anybody that posts here (www.iugaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5467) offering rides has a very solid chance of getting a FREE admission to lan war 24 this spring.

More
05 Oct 2012 23:36 #28168 by Twodavez
Sooo, my name is Twodavez, so go ahead and put me down as your Referral person if you'd like, and i'll split the $5 with you if you'd like to help discount your admission fee.

Also, i'm pretty sure our group is already at 5 people, so if you'd be willing to pitch in that $20 you'd be saving to gas, you might be able to get another few people from your area to come too!

We gotta give some love to the local lan community, especially when they make this big jump to a 500 person event. It's the biggest in Indiana since Stompfest hasn't had one in a while...

More
10 Oct 2012 04:23 #28194 by Twodavez
Can we get a final count of people coming to IU LAN this weekend so that we can update a group seating list so we can get in a little early to insure we all sit together?

Thanks!

More
10 Oct 2012 18:42 #28197 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic IU LAN
I wanted to go, but the distance /cost is to much for me right now

Wes

More
11 Oct 2012 05:22 #28199 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: I wanted to go, but the distance /cost is to much for me right now

I understand. If you're the 6th person in our group, you get in for free...
We'll see you online!

More
13 Oct 2012 19:37 #28225 by Twodavez
WOW!
File Attachment:

We have 1878 guests and no members online

supportus