NeXus LAN Mini LAN 2011 Schedule

More
19 Mar 2011 20:46 - 19 Mar 2011 20:46 #14388 by renegade
Here are the planned NeXus Mini-LAN Dates for 2011* Dates are subject to change.

Jan 29th
Feb 26th
Mar 26th
Apr 30th
May 28th
June 25th
July 30th
Aug 27th
Sept 24th
Oct 22nd
Nov 19th
Dec 17th

* NOTE - Once the Main event dates are announced the mini lan that would of been in that month will be canceled.

These dates are based on the last Saturday of every month unless a holiday weekend was that weekend that it was changed. Oct, Nov and Dec were all changed to different weekends due to holiday's.

Registration for each mini-lan will open roughly 2 weeks from the event date, and email will go out letting everyone know when the registration has opened.

Mini LAN's are held at P3 Computers in Huber Heights Ohio. Room for 15 players each month.

We are actively working on a location and date for the next NeXus Main event for this year as well, so keep an eye on nexuslan.org for updates.

See you at the LAN's!
Last edit: 19 Mar 2011 20:46 by renegade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2011 21:07 #14391 by garfi3ld
our mini is July30th and our next main the weekend of August 27th.

Keep us up to date on your main events too :)

Wes

More
21 Apr 2011 19:34 #15299 by renegade
Signups for the April Mini lan are open.

see www.nexuslan.org to sign up

More
22 Apr 2011 04:43 #15321 by Twodavez
Dayton is just too far away for a Mini...
Have fun though!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
22 Apr 2011 06:54 #15325 by Wingless92

Twodavez wrote: Dayton is just too far away for a Mini...
Have fun though!

I agree, I spent 6 hours in the car for 12 hours of LAN time. It's a great event and alot of fun but the driving kills me.

Wish you guys the best. Here's to a great turnout!

More
22 Apr 2011 14:47 #15328 by Nacelle
It's only 2 hours for me. And as I've mentioned before, the start and end times are prohibitive. I'm getting too old for that crap, so I've decided I'll never again go to one that starts in the afternoon and ends in the wee hours of the morning. If that's the way they want to do it, fine. I won't be there. nuff said.

More
23 Apr 2011 06:50 #15343 by Twodavez

Nacelle wrote: It's only 2 hours for me. And as I've mentioned before, the start and end times are prohibitive. I'm getting too old for that crap, so I've decided I'll never again go to one that starts in the afternoon and ends in the wee hours of the morning. If that's the way they want to do it, fine. I won't be there. nuff said.

After a few over nights at LAN OC, i totally think it's the way to do it. Start at 10 am till 2/3 am, then have quiet time till 9 am and then go all day again! People sleep and are refreshed and the LAN can continue. Driving home at 4 AM which is usually when everyon packs up for a LAN that's supposed to end at 10 am is too late and i'm too sleepy with the Sun still down.

I know NeXus attracts it's own "Crowd" so i also wish them the best. It was nice seeing some of them at LAN OC this time around!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
23 Apr 2011 19:01 - 23 Apr 2011 19:03 #15347 by renegade
The Mini's are just that a mini lan hosted at my store. Very hard to run a small mini lan at my business and run it all night and the next day as well. There is no room in my store for people to sleep etc.

As for the large lan's we are looking for a new location that will let us run it from like noon on saturday to 4-6pm on Sunday. The venue we had would not allow those kinds of hours. So really yes those were the hours but we were stuck with running the max hours we could that the site would allow.

Think of the mini's as a lan at someone's house, game till people are tired then break an go home. I have people that get here at 2pm and stay till 12 or 1 an head home, others stay till 4am an go, etc. So again its a mini lan held at a computer store on a monthly basis so that people can get together an game monthly.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2011 19:03 by renegade.

More
23 Apr 2011 19:50 #15348 by Dreyvas
I like the idea. Really hope I can make it to some more minis after I graduate and my schedule calms down.

More
23 Apr 2011 20:25 #15349 by garfi3ld
I hope to make it out at some point. Other than the two dates that conflict with our events of course

Wes

More
08 Jul 2011 06:05 #16531 by renegade
July mini date changed to July 23rd. Registration will open this weekend.

We have 1930 guests and no members online

supportus