Pittco Iron Storm XII - March 4th-6th 2011

More
30 Jan 2011 01:42 - 30 Jan 2011 02:30 #13522 by PittcoLAN
File Attachment:

| Pittco's Website | Information | Location | Register

The Pittsburgh LAN Coalition is proud to present it's latest LAN Party event - Iron Storm XII. The event will occur March 4th-6th 2011 and we will have seating for 200 gamers for both PC and our newer console brethren.

This is our 14th event since our inception and we are expecting it to be one of the most successful LAN events yet. We already have a large list of sponsors pledging to provide prizes with multiple tournaments scheduled throughout the 42 hours the event will last.

Tournaments
  • Heroes of Newerth 5v5 sponsored by S2 Games !
    • 1st Place: $500
    • 2nd Place: $200
    • 3rd Place: $100
  • Counter-Strike: Source 5v5 $5-$100 "Buy-In" (Depending on interest) - Winner takes all cash.
    • Sponsor prizes for winning teams on top of cash pot!
    • Buy-In Cost will be set at event as agreed upon by team captains.
  • Starcraft II 1v1
  • Left 4 Dead 2 Scavenge 4v4
  • Quake 3 Clamato Bowl - 4v4 CTF.
    • High-stakes final match.
    • Winner is permitted to cartwheel around venue.
    • Loser must drink Clamato-based beverage.
  • Halo: Reach (Xbox 360) 4v4
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360) 4v4
  • Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
  • Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360)
  • Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Other Features of Pittco LAN Parties:
  • Super-cheap concession stand with food, drinks, and caffeine - no need to drive to the nearest Seven Eleven.
  • A console section with 8 identical-ish monitors for intense 4v4 competitive action.
  • Standard Pittco Traditions like Full-contact Musical chairs, Ice Head dunking compeitions
  • The GXL will again be providing hardware for with a Gigabit backbone and 10/100 Cisco switches. File transfers will still rock the socks off any home internet connection.
  • Many different servers from stock gameplay to whacked out mods

Changes from last event (for past attendees):
  • Switch back from CS1.6 to CS:S (due to low turnout)
  • Quiet-time at night so you can get some sleep (no more annoying announcements)
  • We have worked with the Firehall for repaired internet access for late-night online gaming, web surfing, and Facebook-ing.
  • Various internal infrastructure improvements to ensure events run smoother and scheduled entertainment begins on time.

| Pittco's Website | Information | Location | Register

Our sponsors (updated as new sponsors join):
Last edit: 30 Jan 2011 02:30 by PittcoLAN. Reason: Added Sponsor listings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2011 03:05 #13526 by Wingless92
Very cool LAN coming up, too bad that I live in Indy. Good luck and I hope you guys have a big turnout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PittcoLAN

More
30 Jan 2011 05:22 #13530 by jj_Sky5000
I talk with one of the reps at ces. I am headed to sold out Pax east BYOC teh follow week. He said i should come to both lol

More
30 Jan 2011 07:52 #13531 by shocka
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360) 4v4- NO PC = NO GO FOR ME, sick of the lack of recognition for competition on PC games that are shared on all systems. PC players are more entertaining to watch play and they are better period!!!!!!!! (Yes I am upset.) :(

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koolaid84

More
30 Jan 2011 08:16 - 30 Jan 2011 08:16 #13534 by jj_Sky5000
hon and cs:s says it all could back to dota and cs:s and flash back to 2005
Last edit: 30 Jan 2011 08:16 by jj_Sky5000.

More
30 Jan 2011 09:09 #13535 by PittcoLAN

shocka wrote: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360) 4v4- NO PC = NO GO FOR ME, sick of the lack of recognition for competition on PC games that are shared on all systems. PC players are more entertaining to watch play and they are better period!!!!!!!! (Yes I am upset.) :(

The unfortunately thing is that Call of Duty's insistence on providing LAN biased server play for the PC version of the game makes it almost impossible to run a tournament. That being said, one of the nice things about Pittco is just because a tournament isn't listed doesn't mean it can't be run on the fly at the event.

More
30 Jan 2011 09:13 #13536 by PittcoLAN

Wingless92 wrote: Very cool LAN coming up, too bad that I live in Indy. Good luck and I hope you guys have a big turnout.

Thanks for the support!

More
30 Jan 2011 09:29 #13537 by Wingless92
No problem Pit, gotta support the LAN's out their.

You could do a Monday Night Combat tourney, that has LAN support. Just giving ideas.

Shocka, I tend to agree with you. If i'm going to a LAN I want to play PC games. I can sit at home and play on my Xbox, PS3, Wii. In fact, only the Wii is plugged in right now. Not knocking what you guys are doing but I do know that it's hard with Blops. Maybe COD4?

Hell, last night we had a couple of LanOC'ers on Lead And Gold and it was stupid fun, love that game.

More
05 Feb 2011 07:27 #13628 by garfi3ld
I am thinking about making it out to this one, I need to contact of friend of mine who has offered up a place to stay before for this event.

Wes

More
08 Feb 2011 01:59 #13639 by rhettigan
Haha! That was me. You totally should come to both :-D

More
08 Feb 2011 02:33 #13640 by garfi3ld
I am hoping too, just dont want to confirm just yet. I'm sure its posted but whats the cost?
Bob also offered up a place to stay

Wes

More
08 Feb 2011 03:22 #13641 by rhettigan
The cost is $35 per person, but there's discounts for purchasing multiple tickets together. It's $45 at the door.

More
10 Feb 2011 03:09 #13651 by garfi3ld
how many people are you guys expecting? Would anyone want to split the cost of the drive? Or maybe let me ride with them? lol

Wes

More
10 Feb 2011 08:12 #13654 by rhettigan
We have space for 200 people. Our average is ~125. We aim to see more than that!

More
11 Feb 2011 02:06 #13667 by draymac

garfi3ld wrote: Would anyone want to split the cost of the drive? Or maybe let me ride with them? lol

I think I am gonna go to this...you could drive to my neck of the woods, which is on the way, and then I could drive from there. We will have to plan something out.

More
11 Feb 2011 18:36 #13671 by PittcoLAN
Glad you guys are probably going to make it out to the event. Its always a good time and this event is looking to be the biggest yet!

More
13 Feb 2011 01:48 #13685 by garfi3ld
I will register as soon as I verify to make sure I am off work that weekend. Looking forward to it!

Wes

More
13 Feb 2011 03:19 #13689 by rhettigan
Awesome! We're excited to have LANOC guys coming!

More
13 Feb 2011 08:48 #13694 by Lersar
Sounds like its going to be a great time, I expect some sort of coverage!

More
18 Feb 2011 01:50 - 18 Feb 2011 03:55 #13815 by PittcoLAN
We’ve brought the LAN party management software on-line so tournament and seating signups are now available!

Once you have bought a ticket, head to our our ALP installation , where you can create an account, sign up for tournaments, and claim your seat. Those who have already registered get first-come-first-serve.

Please see our website for full instructions on purchasing a ticket for the event.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2011 03:55 by PittcoLAN.

More
18 Feb 2011 03:03 #13816 by rhettigan
Ahh copypaste fail.

Read the site for the address to email. I don't want to post it here, 'cause that would obviate the purpose of hiding it ;-)

We have 1875 guests and no members online

supportus