23 Nov 2009 12:08 #1352 by Nacelle
***** When *****
January 16th - 17th

***** Start *****
8:00AM

***** Cost *****
$15.00

***** Location *****
Same as before (A hotel on the East Side. Washington & 465)

***** People limit *****

***** Other details *****
Not much more at the moment. I will get the party added to the web site soon. www.indysmash.com See you there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2009 14:20 #1353 by Twodavez
Lets start 2009 with a bang!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
23 Nov 2009 17:26 #1356 by jj_Sky5000
You guys beat me to it!!!!. i spoke to Nuno at iulanwar.. He told me that he was getting reayd to open reg.. Also rumors from brizad Stompfest (sorry Dave) March 2010 if they can secure venue 400+ They are looking for volunteers right now.

More
23 Nov 2009 17:36 #1358 by garfi3ld
I wouldnt mind making it to this one, im not sure if i can though

Wes

More
23 Nov 2009 18:27 #1361 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote: You guys beat me to it!!!!. i spoke to Nuno at iulanwar.. He told me that he was getting reayd to open reg.. Also rumors from brizad Stompfest (sorry Dave) March 2010 if they can secure venue 400+ They are looking for volunteers right now.

If a few of us volunteered to set up or tear down and we could hang out while doing it, it might not be a bad thing, plus it would allow some networking with other gamers plus we could say we were a part of it! Sounds like a fun time!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
23 Nov 2009 18:51 #1362 by jj_Sky5000
Contact ONI at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you want to volunteer...

More
23 Nov 2009 19:40 #1363 by Twodavez
For some reason i was thinking it was going to be a year plus away, instead of this coming march... I can't believe it's 2010 already!
I think i'll be volunteering to clean the house and doing everything else around the house as we'll either have a baby, or the wife will be very pregnant :-)
I'll have to use my boyish charm to be able to make the LAN!
Any suggestion on how to bring it up as i'm assumign it's not going to be a pretty conversation!

More
23 Nov 2009 19:54 #1364 by jj_Sky5000
I hosted a lan a week before Quentin was born!!! its a good stress reliever..

More
23 Nov 2009 21:09 #1367 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Indysmash Jan 16th-17th

Twodavez wrote: Any suggestion on how to bring it up as i'm assumign it's not going to be a pretty conversation!

have Wes ask her. thats how i scored dec 5th. :D although i can't figure out why she keeps randomly kicking me...

More
15 Dec 2009 14:16 #1563 by Twodavez
Only 15 spots left. Get registered people. I've already got a full car headed out of Fort wayne going, but i'm sure JJ has a spot or two available to car pool :-)

More
12 Jan 2010 14:02 #1772 by Nuno
Replied by Nuno on topic RE: Indysmash Jan 16th-17th
Thought I would chime in and say hello. It will be good to see some of you again and meet some of you that I haven't met.

There are no babies due this time for anyone is there? :) ha.

More
13 Jan 2010 00:51 #1773 by Twodavez
My wife is actually due the middle of March, but i do'nt see any problems for this weekend!

More
14 Jan 2010 15:07 #1779 by Nuno
Replied by Nuno on topic RE: Indysmash Jan 16th-17th
Happy baby be'in born.

More
15 Jan 2010 04:24 #1781 by garfi3ld
still thinking about making this one, but im not really sure. Still tired from the trip

Wes

More
15 Jan 2010 13:38 #1782 by Twodavez
Well if you wanna come, you better get registered and pre-paid becuase it's filling up fast! I think JJ is going to pack it up around 11 pm and head home, so if you wanted to come down and take his spot, i wouldn't see the problem with that.
Otherwise we'll catch you in a month for the mini in OC! Glad your tired from the trip, that means you had a good time! :=D

More
15 Jan 2010 16:33 #1783 by Lersar
Wish I could make it, but I've got a weekend full of surgery patient care, missed assignments, and baby duty. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

More
21 Jan 2010 04:09 #1811 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic RE: Indysmash Jan 16th-17th
So how'd it go?

More
21 Jan 2010 14:39 #1814 by Twodavez
IT wasn't bad. I guess i'm used to playing the games we usually do, so i could've used some more TF2, but we played some Warcraft III mods that were really cool. I've got them, maybe we can try them out. It's kinda like HoN or LoL or even DemiGod, but not as overpowered as Demigod. Where basically you have your hero and you play as a team with the rest of the humans against waves of monsters and then some little bosses and some huge bosses. It was great fun at 4 am!
There wasn't any internet because the hotel servers kept booting us off, but the guys were cool and we playing all the COD 4 you could handle. (it's not my favorite game) BUt over all i'd go back!

More
21 Jan 2010 17:20 #1816 by Lersar
Sounds like a good time, I know we have some interest for WC3 at 5.5, so maybe we can check some mods out then.

More
23 Jan 2010 06:11 #1824 by Wingless92
Yea, Indysmash was a great time. Having no internet at a LAN sucks ballz. People were having all kinds of problems. With games these days I only get them on Steam so I will be sure to ask the next time, No internet = me not going. To much of a pain in the ass to deal with.

Other than that it was a fun time. Space was a bit cramped but it was fun. Saw some cool rig's. Saw some rig's that needed some TLC, lol. Do people realize that they are at a LAN and not their mom's basement? Clean your rig before the LAN lol. Dust doesn't look good nor does it help with airflow :).

I would go to another one of their LAN's, some good poeple were there. Meet some really nice people but it seems like no one really talked much. LANoc seems like a tighter knit group. Guess it's just me. Wish more would have come down to my part of town.

More
23 Jan 2010 06:17 #1825 by garfi3ld
I wish i could have made it

we need a BIG lan to go to this year, maybe MML. Beyond that im not sure

Wes

More
23 Jan 2010 06:22 #1827 by Wingless92
Their having one in April at the Marion County Fairgrounds in April. It's so close to me that I have to go. Might as well. 20min drive from my house.

More
23 Jan 2010 06:57 #1828 by garfi3ld
how big is it? im looking for 300 to 500 or more man for our big lan this year

Wes

More
23 Jan 2010 07:54 #1829 by Wingless92
Not sure, I will look into it though and get back with ya.

More
23 Jan 2010 09:45 #1830 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic RE: Indysmash Jan 16th-17th

Wingless92 wrote: Yea, Indysmash was a great time. Having no internet at a LAN sucks ballz. People were having all kinds of problems. With games these days I only get them on Steam so I will be sure to ask the next time, No internet = me not going. To much of a pain in the ass to deal with.

Other than that it was a fun time. Space was a bit cramped but it was fun. Saw some cool rig's. Saw some rig's that needed some TLC, lol. Do people realize that they are at a LAN and not their mom's basement? Clean your rig before the LAN lol. Dust doesn't look good nor does it help with airflow :).

I would go to another one of their LAN's, some good poeple were there. Meet some really nice people but it seems like no one really talked much. LANoc seems like a tighter knit group. Guess it's just me. Wish more would have come down to my part of town.

I had to choose between going to this one and the one next week In Fort Wayne at Reaper's. Now I'm glad I'm decided on Reaper's.

More
23 Jan 2010 18:54 #1837 by Twodavez
Yeah, Reapers will have the games your used to and the guys you know already. Seemed like a pretty well knit group in Indy which is good, but it was hard to talk to some of them and no one made announcements when games were being played or even what they were playing.

More
24 Jan 2010 15:52 #1857 by Lersar
Definitely looking foward to Reaper's

We have 1859 guests and no members online

supportus