LanOC V8.0 Hotels

More
16 Mar 2011 20:50 #14330 by Wingless92
LanOC V8.0 Hotels was created by Wingless92
So Wes and I were talking about hotels/motels the other night and he suggested that I write up something seeing as i've stayed in every hotel/motel that Van Wert has, lol.

Holiday Inn - Very nice, very clean. This is by far the nicest hotel in Van Wert. It's pricey though and I don't think its worth the cash.

Comfort Inn - I stayed here for 2 nights and was impressed. This is cheaper than the Holiday Inn but more expensive than the Guestkeeper and the Fountain Inn. Rooms were nice and clean, with flat screen TV's.

Guestkeeper - I stayed here for the second LAN. This was by far the cheapest motel in Van Wert. I would say it was clean but the sheets in the beds were torn and there was one roll of toliet paper. There was no soap and no shampoo. Again, this was the cheapest but I don't think it was worth it.

Fountain Inn - I stayed here for the Mini LAN and it was more than I expected. It was priced right with the Guestkeeper but I felt that it was nicer. The room/bathroom and everything else was in nice condition. There was plenty of toliet paper along with shampoo and soap. The tv's worked and there was free WiFi.

I am pretty sure that all the hotels/motels had free WiFi.

Look, when we come to LanOC LAN's were not looking for the Hilton here. Were looking for a place to take a shower, rest our head and relax from the days gaming. My best bet is with the Fountain Inn. I liked that it was closer to Ohio City than the rest and that the rooms although small were nice enough to feel like I didn't waste my money on a room that was used to package up dope while hosting a hooker party.

Try them for yourself but for my money the Fountain Inn serves me best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2011 23:24 #14332 by Mike02929
Replied by Mike02929 on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels

Wingless92 wrote: So Wes and I were talking about hotels/motels the other night and he suggested that I write up something seeing as i've stayed in every hotel/motel that Van Wert has, lol.

Holiday Inn - Very nice, very clean. This is by far the nicest hotel in Van Wert. It's pricey though and I don't think its worth the cash.

Comfort Inn - I stayed here for 2 nights and was impressed. This is cheaper than the Holiday Inn but more expensive than the Guestkeeper and the Fountain Inn. Rooms were nice and clean, with flat screen TV's.

Guestkeeper - I stayed here for the second LAN. This was by far the cheapest motel in Van Wert. I would say it was clean but the sheets in the beds were torn and there was one roll of toliet paper. There was no soap and no shampoo. Again, this was the cheapest but I don't think it was worth it.

Fountain Inn - I stayed here for the Mini LAN and it was more than I expected. It was priced right with the Guestkeeper but I felt that it was nicer. The room/bathroom and everything else was in nice condition. There was plenty of toliet paper along with shampoo and soap. The tv's worked and there was free WiFi.

I am pretty sure that all the hotels/motels had free WiFi.

Look, when we come to LanOC LAN's were not looking for the Hilton here. Were looking for a place to take a shower, rest our head and relax from the days gaming. My best bet is with the Fountain Inn. I liked that it was closer to Ohio City than the rest and that the rooms although small were nice enough to feel like I didn't waste my money on a room that was used to package up dope while hosting a hooker party.

Try them for yourself but for my money the Fountain Inn serves me best.

You haven't lived till you've packaged dope while at a hooker party :blink:

More
17 Mar 2011 00:13 #14334 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
Thanks Skyler

Wes

More
17 Mar 2011 04:51 #14337 by Mike02929
Replied by Mike02929 on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
I don't know if you've ever used priceline, but you may be able to save some cash biding on a hotel room, especially since you've been to them all and you typically know how much they go for. You can underbid the price. I'm sure there isn't too high of demand near Van Wert that they won't come down in $ a little.

More
17 Mar 2011 19:58 #14350 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
Well, with myself and the rest of the Attic Crew seeking shelter in the hotel/motel district of Van Wert County, I thought I would chime in on things as well.

I will start by saying I have not stayed personally at either the Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Inn but national chains almost guarantee you with a good room and good service. If you have the money, these are indeed worth it!

The first two trips up for LanOC, we stayed at the Guestkeeper Inn. I thought the price was right for the room you got. I felt the room was adequately laid out with room for others to hang out, flat panel tv's, plenty of towels and the normal sample size of soap and shampoo were provided on both occasions. The rooms had no distinct odors or a musty feel.

The last trip we made up, we tried our hand at Fountain Inn. After staying the night in our small, compact rooms, we as a group decided that would be our last time staying there. It is an inviting place, right in the middle of the historic downtown Van Wert but with only one light, a room where every piece of furniture is no more than 4 ft away from each other, it was fairly uncomfortable. I felt like I was in my bedroom circa High School all over again(ya know, where your room was a mess and you only had that narrow walk way from the door to your bed ;) ). To the credit of the Fountain Inn, things were clean and the help was more than nice.

So, those are my experiences. Both local motels ring up around the same price between $50-$65 a night. I do agree with Wingless in the fact that I am just looking for a good nights sleep and a nice hot shower. Those seem to be more and more important as you get older. You young whipper snappers and your sleeping at the LAN.... :P

More
17 Mar 2011 20:25 #14351 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
I agree with Danny here. If it's just yourself stay at the Fountain Inn. If you have more than 1 the Guestkeeper will be better suited for you.

More
17 Mar 2011 21:07 #14353 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Replied by J_E_R_O_M_E on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
I will also add to D-ray's comments, as I am part of the mentioned Attic crew. The fountain will do for a single person just looking for a place to lay your head. Not knocking them at all. Definitely will work.

The guest keeper is pretty much the same price range with a little more size and space in general. Screw sleeping at the LAN. I want to be able to operate the next day and not have an aching back. Getting old, I know. lol.

It's either that or you pitch a tent in the outdoor section at Walmart down the road. lol!!

Enjoy!!

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
18 Mar 2011 00:39 #14358 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
I used to have a conversion van that I took to a few lans. The back seat would power fold into a bed. It was pretty nice. Cooler build into the floor, and a tv. Sleep right in the parking lot!

More
18 Mar 2011 00:52 #14361 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels
whats an attic crew?

Wes

More
18 Mar 2011 01:12 #14362 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Replied by J_E_R_O_M_E on topic Re: LanOC V8.0 Hotels

garfi3ld wrote: whats an attic crew?

It's a secret gathering of nerds that sneak into peoples houses and LAN in their Attic. Sucking up all their power and bandwidth. Muhahahaha!!!!

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

We have 1605 guests and one member online

supportus