V17 Tournament Voting results!

More
22 Aug 2015 19:06 #36980 by garfi3ld
Hey everyone I first wanted to List off what our tournaments will be, then after I will show the results.

FPS: CS:GO 5v5 Random Teams
RTS/MOBA: Heroes of the Storm 5v5 Random Teams
Other: Rocket League 3v3 Bring your own Teams
Old School: Will be announced at the LAN

We will be working out the details of each of the tournaments over the next few days but please post up if there is anything you think we should keep in mind with these tournaments. Specifically maps and other things we should consider!

When putting together the vote results I had the chance to also put together a few other numbers. For starters I sent out 142 vote emails, I didn't include staff in the vote because they most likely won't be playing in them and I didn't want to sway the vote.Out of those 142 emails only one bounced but that was later resolved. Out of the 142 emails only 77 people took part in the vote. 75 of those people took part in the FPS tournament vote and 72 took part in the RTS/MOBA vote. Out of the 77 people who voted, 52 voted in the first day and 65 in the first four days. In other words, after the first few days almost no one else voted (maybe I should make the vote shorter in the future lol).

ANYHOW here is a breakdown on the voting. As you can see I had to split the vote emails in half because survey monkey wouldn't let us send them all out together.

A big thank you to those of you who voted. Being such a close vote I'm sure there will be a few people who regret not voting. This is why I have been pushing at the lans, on here on the forums, and on our facebook event group to make sure you all make sure you keep an eye out for the vote and make sure you have a current email address on your account. I want nothing more than to make sure everyone gets a say in the tournaments to make sure we have what you guys want to play.

Wes
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2015 19:14 #36981 by Boomerkins
Wow... no League...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf, lust_the_dust

More
23 Aug 2015 00:33 #36982 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic V17 Tournament Voting results!
151 seats, 79 votes. We still beat US presidential voting stats!

• Kelf
  • Hear reason, or she'll make you feel her.
More
23 Aug 2015 17:49 #36983 by Kelf
Replied by Kelf on topic V17 Tournament Voting results!
I feel like the polling should've been conducted a little differently because what you are left with is the fact that LoL had 56 votes versus 31 for HoTS. :( Real bummer for those of us traveling so much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lust_the_dust

More
23 Aug 2015 18:57 #36984 by Deb0
Incorrect. The votes for first and second choice are tallied. Almost everyone that selected one LoL choice first selected the second LoL choice second.

• Kelf
More
23 Aug 2015 19:01 #36985 by Kelf
"Almost everyone" when we are talking about a difference of two votes for a tie isn't too comforting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lust_the_dust

More
23 Aug 2015 19:38 #36986 by Lersar
How should the ballot have read? Just "League of Legends"? So people who are only interested in playing ARAM are forced to vote for a game mode they don't want to participate in? And if we were to designate just one mode, 5v5 for example since it was the one closer to the tie, why would it have yielded any more results? Your assumption is that there are at least two people that voted for ARAM and not 5v5, right? Do you believe they would've voted for the latter if it was the only option, despite obviously only being interested in participating in the ARAM mode?

• Kelf
More
23 Aug 2015 19:55 #36987 by Kelf
I do think it should've just read League of Legends. Then a secondary poll could've been conducted to determine which of the two game modes people would've preferred more. I think if it would've been conducted like this with a disclaimer that a subsequent poll would've been conducted to determine ARAM/ 5v5 that more people would've voted for league than HoTS.

More
23 Aug 2015 20:27 #36988 by Lersar
So even though there are more people who voted interested in playing HoTS than playing either mode in League, League should still win?

• Kelf
More
23 Aug 2015 20:51 #36989 by Kelf
No. Whats done is done. Just stating my opinion.

More
23 Aug 2015 20:57 #36991 by Lersar
Oh, me too. I'm not in charge of the polls or anything, but either way I'm glad we agree! I would be interested in hearing other opinions on how they should be done different though.

More
24 Aug 2015 00:11 - 24 Aug 2015 00:12 #36998 by renegade
Voting for NeXus LAN 16 came out somewhat similar in LoL / HotS as well.

Heroes of Storm - 37 (7%)
League of Legends: ARAM - 19 (3.6%)
League of Legends: 5v5 - 24 (4.6%)
Last edit: 24 Aug 2015 00:12 by renegade.

More
24 Aug 2015 01:08 #36999 by Lersar
That's interesting, thanks for sharing. As much as I enjoy League, I'm happy to see some different games for a change.

More
24 Aug 2015 13:06 #37000 by Ropplestiltskin
Plague and I hope to get the rules posted for the Tournaments soon.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
28 Aug 2015 06:44 #37046 by Juddlin
Map suggestions for CS:GO tournament, Dust 2, Inferno, Nuke are my three votes!

More
28 Aug 2015 07:49 #37047 by Deb0
Make em all play Cbble and Mirage.

More
28 Aug 2015 19:48 #37048 by Juddlin
Mirage sure but cobble, oh god lol

More
30 Aug 2015 22:20 #37057 by garfi3ld
Thank you for the feedback, I would love to hear more feedback from people. It all helps them put the rules together

Wes

More
10 Sep 2015 16:21 - 10 Sep 2015 17:12 #37188 by lust_the_dust
Thats lame. I want to show off my feeding skills in league
Last edit: 10 Sep 2015 17:12 by lust_the_dust.

More
10 Sep 2015 16:28 #37189 by lust_the_dust
As far as feedback, yes I see that there are a larger total votes for League vs Heroes of the Storm. Breaking up the two categories seems to have resulted in more total votes for League but HOTS still being the played game in the tournament, HOTS is still in beta isnt it?

More
10 Sep 2015 16:40 #37190 by renegade
Heroes is not in beta it released earlier this year.

And on # of vote your have to remember that people were allowed to vote for all items they wanted to see played. So most all people voted for both modes of LoL. So the real individual # of people voting for LoL was not the combined #. I think they said only a couple people voted for 1 mode and not both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
10 Sep 2015 16:54 #37191 by Lersar
I'm not sure how else to explain this, perhaps a hypothetical will help?

Let's say that Tommy votes for LoL Summoner's Rift and LoL ARAM (as Renegade mentioned, this was actually the case with the majority of votes). If we combined the votes that Summoner's Rift and ARAM received, we would be giving Tommy (and all the others) two votes.

We split the two up because the modes are so different, that there are people who prefer to only play one or the other, but not both. The goal of the poll is to elect the most popular tournament; it isn't necessarily bound to a specific title.

If the amount of people who want to play Summoner's Rift OR ARAM, whether they voted for both modes or not, doesn't exceed the number of people who want to play HoTS, why should LoL win?

I think it is also important to keep a few other things in mind:

1. Just because LoL isn't a tournament doesn't mean it is banned from the event. There will still be plenty of people playing I'm sure.

2. We host a LAN party, not a LoL tournament. If a LoL tournament is the sole reason you're coming, you probably are not going to enjoy yourself, whether LoL is decided as a tournament or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt, Sideout

More
10 Sep 2015 17:22 #37192 by lust_the_dust
Thank you for the feedback.

We have 1836 guests and no members online

supportus