LoL Tourney?

More
09 Feb 2013 19:46 #29352 by Twodavez
LoL Tourney? was created by Twodavez
No League of Legends Tourney? :( If it's OK with the Staff, i'd be interested in running an unofficial Random or Bring your own team ARAM tourney. B) Staff, please let me know if that would be ok, and others let me know if you'd like to play...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 20:43 #29354 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic LoL Tourney?

I have no problem with anyone hosting their own tournament, we have more than enough people at the event to do more than one thing at once. Having said that, we should keep a couple things in mind.

This would be an unofficial tournament meaning not handled by the staff other than getting things up on the control panel and whatnot. Also it shouldn't interfere with official activity's like the raffle and other tournaments. We also would need to know what you are planning on it and what game so that we can plan for it, include it on the schedule, and also make sure we allow for it in our router config.

I would suggest running it on Sunday, its different enough from the CS:GO tournament and CS:GO shouldn't be using up much for internet.

Wes
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
09 Feb 2013 21:06 #29355 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic LoL Tourney?
This is why people should take the survey. >.>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Davey_Boy, Arxon

More
09 Feb 2013 22:21 #29362 by Fildy
Replied by Fildy on topic LoL Tourney?

mem0man wrote: This is why people should take the survey. >.>

What survey?

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

More
09 Feb 2013 22:24 #29363 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic LoL Tourney?

Fildy wrote:

What survey?

www.lanoc.org/forum/lanoc-v12-march-23rd...-dont-skip-over-this

More
10 Feb 2013 00:12 #29369 by Fildy

Dreyvas wrote:

Fildy wrote:

What survey?

www.lanoc.org/forum/lanoc-v12-march-23rd...-dont-skip-over-this

Oh, I skipped over that.

I cry at night
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
10 Feb 2013 00:39 #29370 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic LoL Tourney?
Yea I had a feeling that people wouldn't take the survey ahaha :P

OH WELL! It's nice to see other games in Tournies too! Now I gotta get Awesomenauts!! :D

More
11 Feb 2013 21:46 #29401 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic LoL Tourney?

Twodavez wrote: and others let me know if you'd like to play...

Bump for this part of the post, surely we have people interested?

More
11 Feb 2013 22:07 #29402 by Fildy
I'd play if it weren't to run at the same time as CS:GO

I cry at night

More
12 Feb 2013 00:56 - 12 Feb 2013 00:57 #29404 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic LoL Tourney?
it looks liek 47 voted for lol but alas they cant decide on which format
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 00:57 by jj_Sky5000.

More
12 Feb 2013 01:04 #29405 by Fildy

jj_Sky5000 wrote: it looks liek 47 voted for lol but alas they cant decide on which format

The problem is you can vote multiple times, so its likely not 47 people, but around 20 or so who voted for multiple different LoL tournaments, I myself voted for all of the formats.

I cry at night

More
12 Feb 2013 02:01 #29406 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: LoL Tourney?
What he said

As for the tournament I think you should do it of you are up for it. Im sure you will get enough interest.

As for the poll, almost 50 people isn't to bad all things considering. We only had game suggestions from less than 20 people and that post was open for 6 Months :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wes

More
12 Feb 2013 02:53 #29407 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic LoL Tourney?

Fildy wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote: it looks liek 47 voted for lol but alas they cant decide on which format

The problem is you can vote multiple times, so its likely not 47 people, but around 20 or so who voted for multiple different LoL tournaments, I myself voted for all of the formats.

Notice i didnt say 47 people i said 47 votes , my point being I think LOL would have won by a landslide

More
12 Feb 2013 03:15 #29409 by Lersar

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Fildy wrote:

Notice i didnt say 47 people i said 47 votes , my point being I think LOL would have won by a landslide

I understand what you're saying, if we would've had just one option for League you believe it would have yielded more votes than separating modes. But this format gives us a more accurate result. We want to know what people will actually participate in. If we just put League of Legends, and you were interested in ARAM but not Summoner's Rift, you would still vote for it. Then event time, if it was Summoner's Rift you wouldn't participate. Therefore it would skewer the results in a negative manner. If one mode couldn't be agreed on enough to beat out another game (which also had multiple modes available), it really should lose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

More
12 Feb 2013 03:36 - 12 Feb 2013 03:40 #29410 by Fildy

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Fildy wrote:

"Looks like 47 voted" Implies 47 people, hamsters, or whatever else may have been voting. It could very well be a typo of votes, in which case my mistake.

That being said, and using your same line of thought plus a little dash of my own I get to this conclusion.

We total up the vote for Worms: 35 and average them out (because hey, its not fair to punish a game for not having as many gametypes) we get 17.5 votes on averages. Compare that to the 47 votes for LoL averaged out over the 4 choices leaves us at 11.75 votes per gametype.

Even the most popular version of League of Legends didn't beat the least popular version of Worms

Your line of thought makes sense if it was 1 or even 2 votes per section, but the fact that you can vote however many times you choose makes the poll completely different. And if those who voted for ARAM didn't vote for any of the other game types and vice versa, it means they didn't want to play those gametypes so the poll was actually successful in its mission: Determining the game that would make the most folks happy.

This is all coming from someone who enjoys Mobas, in fact, I would rather LoL than Worms because I'm awful at worms and at least passable at LoL. I voted for most of the tournaments in the poll though, because I would enjoy playing in most, but because I would enjoy playing it.

I cry at night
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 03:40 by Fildy.

More
12 Feb 2013 05:28 #29414 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic LoL Tourney?

Fildy wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote:

Fildy wrote:

"Looks like 47 voted" Implies 47 people, hamsters, or whatever else may have been voting. It could very well be a typo of votes, in which case my mistake.

That being said, and using your same line of thought plus a little dash of my own I get to this conclusion.

We total up the vote for Worms: 35 and average them out (because hey, its not fair to punish a game for not having as many gametypes) we get 17.5 votes on averages. Compare that to the 47 votes for LoL averaged out over the 4 choices leaves us at 11.75 votes per gametype.

Even the most popular version of League of Legends didn't beat the least popular version of Worms

Your line of thought makes sense if it was 1 or even 2 votes per section, but the fact that you can vote however many times you choose makes the poll completely different. And if those who voted for ARAM didn't vote for any of the other game types and vice versa, it means they didn't want to play those gametypes so the poll was actually successful in its mission: Determining the game that would make the most folks happy.

This is all coming from someone who enjoys Mobas, in fact, I would rather LoL than Worms because I'm awful at worms and at least passable at LoL. I voted for most of the tournaments in the poll though, because I would enjoy playing in most, but because I would enjoy playing it.

Nailed it.

More
12 Feb 2013 07:08 #29415 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic LoL Tourney?
Well to keep things simple, i'll just wait till the day of and see if i can get a LoL game going. I'll just ask for all the League players to meet in one area and then figure out what everyone wants to play. I'd be happy if we had 20 people (4 teams of 5) to play something really simple.
no worries guys, i just figured there would be some type of this game played as it's pretty much a normal lately. I didn't mean to question the survey results, but i also know that it's a catch-22 taking a survey with people not taking it, or signing up after the survey is ended...
Anyway, meeting up at the LAN to figure who wants to play some organized games. Even if they're all not at the same times, we'll just play them as we can fit them in.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Feb 2013 22:42 #29420 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote: Well to keep things simple, i'll just wait till the day of and see if i can get a LoL game going. I'll just ask for all the League players to meet in one area and then figure out what everyone wants to play. I'd be happy if we had 20 people (4 teams of 5) to play something really simple.
no worries guys, i just figured there would be some type of this game played as it's pretty much a normal lately. I didn't mean to question the survey results, but i also know that it's a catch-22 taking a survey with people not taking it, or signing up after the survey is ended...
Anyway, meeting up at the LAN to figure who wants to play some organized games. Even if they're all not at the same times, we'll just play them as we can fit them in.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I was really hoping someone would step up to organize one, because there definitely is interest, so I appreciate it. Also, there's nothing wrong with asking about how things were decided, other than it seems to have kinda hijacked the thread a little. I'd still encourage anyone interested in participating to post up interest.

Again, thanks for taking lead on this. As long it doesn't conflict with pancakes. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
13 Feb 2013 03:14 #29429 by Rock8104
Replied by Rock8104 on topic LoL Tourney?
Yeah, I saw the LoL Tourney and paid. Then I noticed it was taken off. Fail me for not voting....

I'd be up for an random team or set Team Tourney.

More
13 Feb 2013 03:45 #29432 by garfi3ld
We didn't have any tournaments listed before? That reminds me though, I do need to add the tournaments to the tournament page.

lanoc.org/lanoc-lanpartys/gamestournaments

Wes

More
13 Feb 2013 11:20 #29437 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic LoL Tourney?
I'm confused on how we got an awesomenaughts tourny over a LOL tourny when awesomenaughts isn't on that sheet(I took the survey and still don't remember it). :blink: Anywho awesomenaughts is still pretty cool, got it recently and am practicing up for the tourny.

More
13 Feb 2013 14:14 #29440 by garfi3ld
We got a worms tournament over LoL, Awesomenauts was unrelated :)

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shroud

More
14 Feb 2013 19:46 #29485 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic LoL Tourney?
we got worms.... haha unfortunate. ;)

More
14 Feb 2013 20:12 #29487 by garfi3ld
lol

Wes

More
22 Feb 2013 22:49 #29608 by cheatch
Replied by cheatch on topic LoL Tourney?
lame.

More
23 Mar 2013 03:02 #30104 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic LoL Tourney?
Always interested. And I prefer legit 5v5 draft pick.

We have 2084 guests and no members online

supportus