Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe SSD

More
02 Apr 2015 18:55 #36561 by garfi3ld

You may not know it, but over the past few years we as gamers and enthusiasts have been smack dab in the middle of a bit of a revolution. Sure games don’t seem to push hardware as much as they used too and the focus has been on higher resolutions. But on the storage front performance has been improving with leaps and bounds. Here at LanOC our first hard drive review came about around the same time that the first consumer SSDs were hitting the market. When tested that hard drive saw an average read speed of about 75MB/s. Our first SSD review a few months later put down an impressive 214.6 MB/s. After that we saw speeds increase to 300 and then recently to around 550 MB/s. PCIe drives have performed better than that but none of them promise to put down numbers like todays review. Today I’m going to check out Intel’s first consumer focused PCIe drive that happens to also use NVMe.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2015 18:59 #36562 by garfi3ld
Today I take a look at a monster of an SSD from Intel. It is available in both PCIe and 2.5 inch models so it will fit in your main PC or your LANrig as well!

Wes

More
03 Apr 2015 19:40 #36572 by Sideout
Maybe Intel will give us one to throw in the LANOC server for the lan parties??!!!! (Hint hint wish wish???)

I am the LAN!!!!

We have 2001 guests and no members online

supportus