SteelSeries Siberia RAW Prism

More
03 Oct 2014 12:30 #35729 by garfi3ld

While I suspect the Siberia V3 and even the Siberia Elite Prism will get the most attention with SteelSeries introducing an entire new product lineup. They also slipped in a new product the Siberia RAW Prism. We already know that Prism represents the full color lighting and Siberia is their most popular audio line. In the past we have seen RAW mice, in those cases they dropped the fancy features and sold the basic gaming mouse at a lower price. So with that we can come to the conclusion that the Siberia RAW Prism is their new budget friendly gaming headset. Frankly this isn’t an area that SteelSeries has competed in very much, they have always stuck with the mid-range audio products and more recently a little on the higher end with the Elites. Because of that I’m excited to see what they put together.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2014 14:14 #35730 by garfi3ld
Today I take a look at the new budget gaming headset from SteelSeries, the Siberia RAW Prism

Wes

More
16 Oct 2014 00:54 #35768 by TheChad
Hello.

Does the Siberia RAW Prism work on the PS3? It says it has compatibility on Windows, Mac OS X and on PlayStation. But all I've seen is the mention of the PS4, not the PS3.

Have you ever tested it on the PS3? Will it output the audio of the game on the headphones?

Thanks.

More
16 Oct 2014 02:56 #35769 by garfi3ld
I will be honest even though I have a PS3 I never use a headset with it. I haven't tested on the Siberia Elite Prism. The USB sound card hasn't changed from before so I would assume the answer would be the same as in this post.

faq.steelseries.com/questions/290/Can+I+...o+a+Playstation+3%3F

I did send over a message to SteelSeries to find out for sure. I will post up once I get an official answer for you Chad.

Wes

More
16 Oct 2014 05:44 #35770 by TheChad

garfi3ld wrote: I haven't tested on the Siberia Elite Prism.

Don't you mean the "Siberia RAW Prism"? Or is that not possible at all on the PS3, because it doesn't provide the 3.5 cable. I can see that the Elite Prism can work from that FAQ link.

But I meant the "Siberia RAW Prism". If you plug the USB cable of the Siberia RAW Prism on the PlayStation 3. Will it function? As in game sound being output on the headphones instead of the TV.

More
16 Oct 2014 06:10 #35771 by garfi3ld
Yeah sorry about that got mixed up with the two posts. I did ask SteelSeries about the correct headset though. I have a feeling that it won't work for in game audio because it doesn't have the removable USB sound card like the Elite. Will update tomorrow with what they say though

Wes

We have 1871 guests and no members online

supportus