No Blizzcon in 2012

More
25 Jan 2012 22:29 #22322 by garfi3ld
No Blizzcon in 2012 was created by garfi3ld

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/25/blizzcon-2012-cancelled-will-return-in-2013/

Blizzard have announced that their massive annual convention won’t be happening this year. Instead, they’ll be devoting more time to finishing their many projects. “In light of our jam-packed schedule, we’ve decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013,” Blizzard say in a statement on Battle.net, mentioning that they’re currently “heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players’ hands as soon as possible.”

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 22:30 #22323 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic No Blizzcon in 2012
Sad news

Wes

More
25 Jan 2012 23:45 #22326 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012
It sucks but with all the work they are doing on games this year I can see why.

Lots of Blizzard games are in the works

Diablo III
Starcraft expansion
WoW expansion

Lots of stuff going on over there. They make money on games much more than they do on Blizzcon.

More
25 Jan 2012 23:56 #22327 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012
I'm more surprised that they wouldn't have a different group that is in charge of the show . Saying that they can't do it because they want to focus on working on games makes me wonder if they have their game development teams working on the show lol.

Wes

More
26 Jan 2012 03:28 #22329 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012
Really a bummer, but I respect the idea. Given that Blizzcon isn't typically until the fall, it does perhaps shine a little light on the release dates of these titles.

Don't forget about Blizzard Dota as well.

More
26 Jan 2012 03:47 #22330 by Wingless92
I'm still waiting to get into DOTA 2. I want my invite, sorry for the thread hijack, lol.

Hopefully all three games come out this year.

More
26 Jan 2012 08:47 #22331 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012
I'll bet you could still buy tickets to the event. Why not try to get more money out of their customer's! ha ha
I just think my Blizzard Days are over, Never much of a starcraft fan (I'm honestly just terrible at those types of games) and WoW just makes my butt hurt thinking about all the time and energy i spent on that game, and looking back, it was only fun about 10% of the time when the stars were alligned and the moon was full...

I am though looking forward to seeing Diablo III in action at the next lan, but not sure i'll drop the $300 for the annual subscription to WoW to get it ;-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
26 Jan 2012 09:13 #22332 by Wingless92
I like Starcraft a bunch but I don't invest time in games like I used to. I play so many different games and not just for Gaming News that I am only really good in a few titles.

WoW was a blast for me but I lost out on playing so many different games that came out. Also, I hate who I become when I play MMO's. It's like that is all I do. MMO's are just not for me.

More
26 Jan 2012 09:25 #22333 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012
Diablo 3 will be available on its on also lol

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
26 Jan 2012 09:38 #22334 by Wingless92
I was wondering if Dave knew that. Getting it thru WoW is not the only way.

More
28 Jan 2012 06:29 #22404 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: Diablo 3 will be available on its on also lol

Yeah i know it's a stand alone game. It just a friend from work bought into the 1 year subscription and didn't read the fine print, that he can't get Diablo III until he's paid for the whole year, not just agreed to it... Kinda seems shady, but i just like to start stuff sometimes :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
28 Jan 2012 10:29 #22408 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: No Blizzcon in 2012

Twodavez wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: Diablo 3 will be available on its on also lol

Yeah i know it's a stand alone game. It just a friend from work bought into the 1 year subscription and didn't read the fine print, that he can't get Diablo III until he's paid for the whole year, not just agreed to it... Kinda seems shady, but i just like to start stuff sometimes :-)

You only have to commit to paying for an entire year. You can continue with whatever payment plan you are currently on. For example, I pay $14.99 a month, but I have essentially signed a contract saying that I will continue to pay that for a year, much like a cell phone agreement. You will be able to download D3 as soon as it is available, or if you still want to buy a retail box, in such as situation as mine where I still want the collector's edition, you will enter that product key, and you will be credit the difference between the normal and the collector's price in World of Warcraft subscription time.

More
28 Jan 2012 23:45 #22412 by Twodavez
Good info lersar, that's not what my friend who bought it told me, but i guess he didn't read the fine print like you have.
Thanks for clarifying

We have 1633 guests and one member online

supportus