Notch steps down as Minecraft lead

More
02 Dec 2011 20:02 #21340 by garfi3ld
Hot off the heals of MineCon Notch anounced about an hour ago that he is stepping down as Minecraft Lead. His plans are to take a break and then start a new prodject. Of course that doesn't mean he will be free of minecraft, but this is a move in a new direction for him. 
As of yesterday, Jens Bergensten is the new lead developer on Minecraft. He will have the final say in all design decisions, so he will kinda sorta become my boss, I guess. I've promised him to not pull rank. ;)

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 20:05 #21341 by garfi3ld
Interesting news

Wes

More
03 Dec 2011 00:00 #21344 by Nacelle
Maybe this will mean that minecraft will evolve into something more interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
05 Dec 2011 00:45 #21360 by NitrosDragon

Nacelle wrote: Maybe this will mean that minecraft will evolve into something more interesting.

I'm hoping minecraft devolves into what Notch had been telling us it would be, instead of a scope-less feature fest.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
05 Dec 2011 05:17 #21362 by Hasbeen
I agree with Nitros on this. As much as I like some of the new stuff that was added in the last few versions prior to 1.0, I much preferred the simplicity of it when I was first introduced to it. I feel that in some ways it was just taken over by a desire to be something it didn't have to be.

We have 2183 guests and no members online

supportus