LoL Exhibition at LanOC v10

• Kelf
  • Hear reason, or she'll make you feel her.
More
09 Feb 2012 21:25 #22723 by Kelf
Man if I cant make it im going to be VERY upset. lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2012 21:55 #22725 by Lersar
Dominion is quite a bit quicker, and has full 5 player teams...

It's quite a bit different though, too.

More
10 Feb 2012 00:39 #22735 by Davey_Boy
Well, how many teams we talkin? If it's only like 4-6 teams then it shouldn't take tooo long.

More
10 Feb 2012 01:29 #22737 by Arxon
Dominion would work. Just that with certain players it would be unbalanced. Anyway we look at this, the tourney will be unbalanced. From the people I know from lanoc or any lans maybe 10 people have a max level account. So level capping wouldn't be fair to people who would want to play but don't have a max level account(or even level 20). But if teams are not random with no level cap we can have more people playing for the fun of it which would give us more teams in general.

More
10 Feb 2012 01:34 #22738 by Davey_Boy

Arxon wrote: Dominion would work. Just that with certain players it would be unbalanced. Anyway we look at this, the tourney will be unbalanced. From the people I know from lanoc or any lans maybe 10 people have a max level account. So level capping wouldn't be fair to people who would want to play but don't have a max level account(or even level 20). But if teams are not random with no level cap we can have more people playing for the fun of it which would give us more teams in general.

Yea but the point of this was for "Competitive Teams" I thought. Less teams but more skill.

More
10 Feb 2012 01:47 #22739 by Arxon
I forgot about that LOL. ignore my last post.

More
10 Feb 2012 01:50 #22740 by lonewolf170
I would have to agree that all "competitive teams" should have maxed accounts, level 30, runes, tons of champs.

I haven't been to a LanOC event so I'm not sure how many people competitively play LoL there. I do know that at IU there seemed to be a decent number of players at the 30 rank.

More
10 Feb 2012 01:57 #22743 by garfi3ld
with a four team cap I don't think it will be an issue, finding 20 good LoL players will be easy.

Wes

More
10 Feb 2012 21:12 #22767 by Twodavez
Last time we didnt have a level min to play, and we had people in the tourney that really didnt know how to play the game and really werent even interested in learning, i even heard of one person just wishing it was all over when we were in a team meeting trying to tell him what not to do. We might've been better off just having him sit at spawn or on a tower and not taking EXp in hopes of ending the match early before the other team got higher level.

Plus I wouldn't worry too much about people not having enough characters, i only play a few good (and i say good very loosly :-) ) so i've invested into buying those characters and all is good, it's when you allow a level 3 person who doesn't have any purchased champs to enter that you run into a bad limiting of character selection.

I wouldnt be opposed to having this tournement last through the whole lan, kind of like how Nexus did the SC2 tourney when people just played when they had a chance, with admins making sure there was enough playing going on to keep the tourney going. While it could limit some people from playing in other tourneys, i know i'm not playing SC2 and no one on my premade (if we go that way) won't be playing it either, so it would be a good chance to get some matches played.

Finally i'd just like to suggest the best 2/3 for the final match... Especially if we go with dominion, as one small mistake or character choice issue ends a game before it begins...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
10 Feb 2012 21:21 #22770 by garfi3ld

Twodavez wrote: I wouldnt be opposed to having this tournement last through the whole lan, kind of like how Nexus did the SC2 tourney

you mean how we do our walk up tourney? ;)

Wes

More
10 Feb 2012 22:02 #22771 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote: Plus I wouldn't worry too much about people not having enough characters, i only play a few good (and i say good very loosly :-) ) so i've invested into buying those characters and all is good, it's when you allow a level 3 person who doesn't have any purchased champs to enter that you run into a bad limiting of character selection.

The only reason this is a concern at all is so we can use the built-in Draft pick (1:2:2:2:2:1) I believe. It requires that you have a minimum of 16 champs.

More
10 Feb 2012 22:50 #22776 by Davey_Boy

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote: Plus I wouldn't worry too much about people not having enough characters, i only play a few good (and i say good very loosly :-) ) so i've invested into buying those characters and all is good, it's when you allow a level 3 person who doesn't have any purchased champs to enter that you run into a bad limiting of character selection.

The only reason this is a concern at all is so we can use the built-in Draft pick (1:2:2:2:2:1) I believe. It requires that you have a minimum of 16 champs.

You mean (1:1:1:1:1:1)?

More
11 Feb 2012 03:57 #22788 by Plague

Lersar wrote:

Draft is 1:2:2:1:1:2:2:1:1:2 in 5v5

More
11 Feb 2012 05:22 #22790 by Lersar
I've got 3 of us here and were all confused as hell lol.

More
11 Feb 2012 07:15 #22796 by lonewolf170
he does have 15 numbers listed for 10 people. ;)

Bans go: 1:1:1:1:1:1
Picks go: 1:2:2:2:2:1
Alternating team 1/2 obv.
I believe that is how ranked games are still run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
11 Feb 2012 07:17 - 29 Feb 2012 14:14 #22797 by Arxon
General Rules
1. 4 Teams Max
2. 5v5 on Summoners Rift
3. Draft Mode (1,1,1,1,1,1) For bans, (1,2,2,2,2,1) For picks
4. Single Elimination
5. Best out of 1
6. All players must be at the LAN and sign up themselves. This means first come first serve. No signing up a full team with only two players at the lan at the time of sign up.

Minimum Average Team level: 20

The four teams that will get to play will be the first four to have all five of their teamates registered on the Lan Control Panel and have their summoner levels verified.ed.
Last edit: 29 Feb 2012 14:14 by Arxon.

More
11 Feb 2012 09:46 #22802 by lonewolf170
What about having the final round be best two out of 3?
If they are evenly matched should be fun to watch, if they were to put it on the projector.

More
11 Feb 2012 22:30 #22805 by Twodavez

lonewolf170 wrote: What about having the final round be best two out of 3?
If they are evenly matched should be fun to watch, if they were to put it on the projector.

Speaking of projector, i'm assuming you're going to try to broadcast a 5 min delayed showing of the matches? Is that why some people were volunteering to be announcers? I know IU LAN does a really good job and it's really fun to watch the matches!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Feb 2012 23:18 #22808 by lonewolf170
I know garfi3ld was talking about putting the final game possibly on the projector.
Spectator mode in LoL incorporates a 3 minutes delay which is enough for the game. (wards last 3 minutes)

This will be my first time attending LanOC so I'm not sure how everything is run. I've been to IU's lan twice and have had fun there with everything.

More
15 Feb 2012 23:10 #22916 by Teh_tourist
I am very interested in a LoL tourney

More
15 Feb 2012 23:39 #22923 by Lersar

Teh_tourist wrote: I am very interested in a LoL tourney

We did an official LoL tournament at v9.0, but we have so many participants (and staff to be honest) addicted to it that we had to do something. With an exhibition that isn't conducted by staff, we can participate, too. :)

I don't expect the LoL event at v10.0 to lose any magnitude from what it had at our last event. It was a great time.

More
16 Feb 2012 03:40 #22928 by Teh_tourist
How do I go about attempting to get into this Exhibition?
My ELO is only 1180 because I only play a Ranked match every few weeks, but I play pretty well with 1600 ELO players.

More
16 Feb 2012 03:53 #22931 by Wingless92
It is going to be set-up at the LAN. I would just make a post in this thread that you are interested.

More
16 Feb 2012 06:34 #22943 by garfi3ld
to be entered you will have to sign up on our in house control panel at the event itself. Your best bet to make sure you get signed up would be to make sure you have a full team ready to go by talking to your friends or posting on here to put together a team. After that you just want to make sure you all sign up as soon as you get setup at the LAN.

Wes

More
16 Feb 2012 07:06 #22944 by lonewolf170
Are there still going to just be four teams?
Haha, idk if I missed something or if what Arkon had posted was still true.

P.S. Officially registered. Woot!

More
16 Feb 2012 07:09 #22945 by garfi3ld
yeah, time is very limited for this, in order to fit it into the schedule I had to limit it to two rounds. That means four teams. It sounds really limited but I bet there are only four or five teams worth of experienced players at the LAN.

I saw that congrats! You paid with an e check, it will be a few days before that goes through and the software confirms you as paid. You won't be able to pick your seat until then

Wes

More
16 Feb 2012 07:15 #22947 by lonewolf170
And I'm fine with the 4 teams. I'm just saying after reading some of the comments it seems like there "could" be more than 20 players interested. Not sure if a certain elo or what will classify an "experienced" player.

Yea for some reason paypal is making everything an e-check for me... Oh well, I'm not too worried about my seat since I'm flying solo to the lan.

More
16 Feb 2012 07:24 - 16 Feb 2012 07:24 #22951 by Arxon
Page 5 updated rules: Average Team Level requirement: 20
Last edit: 16 Feb 2012 07:24 by Arxon.

More
16 Feb 2012 07:43 - 16 Feb 2012 19:20 #22954 by garfi3ld
nvm

Wes
Last edit: 16 Feb 2012 19:20 by garfi3ld.

More
16 Feb 2012 09:45 #22959 by Arxon
That was the average of the 5 players

We have 2120 guests and no members online

supportus