LoL Exhibition at LanOC v10

More
08 Feb 2012 01:54 - 08 Feb 2012 02:55 #22633 by garfi3ld
Between DOTA, DOTA 2, HoN, and LoL we have a large following at our LAN's. Don't worry we haven't forgotten about you guys for v10. First I would like to point out that we never do the same tournament back to back from event to event. So we wouldn't be doing LoL this time around no matter what. But also the complaints and fighting over our tournament didn't make setting it up easy for the staff also. Because of that we have decided to go with something new....

A LoL Exhibition!

I need someone from the community to step up and run this one though. Think of it as a small tournament with no more than four teams of 5 where the person running can set any rules they feel are needed including minimum level. The idea is to get the best four teams together to play a few epic matches (you get to pick your own teams also). As long as scheduling works out we are hoping to be able to play atleast the final game on the projector also!

What do you guys think? Like I said before I need someone to step up to run this one that wouldn't be playing in the tournament. As long as we have that we are set to host this for you guys.

Wes
Last edit: 08 Feb 2012 02:55 by Wingless92.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2012 03:21 #22638 by Lersar
Teams of 3 may also be an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
08 Feb 2012 05:22 #22640 by Arxon
I would be willing to set it up. I play enough to know what to look for level wise.

More
08 Feb 2012 06:15 #22642 by lonewolf170
I'd be willing to help out in any way I could whether that be setting it up, co-assisting, or helping with spec mode.

More
08 Feb 2012 06:36 #22643 by garfi3ld
Thanks for the offers guys if you both contact me we can look at the details.

But First I need to make sure you will both be there lol. lonewolf170 I don't think your registered yet and Arxon will you have a ride? I would hate to get to the lan and have something happen.

Wes

More
08 Feb 2012 07:42 #22644 by Davey_Boy
Is Kelf coming this time Adam?

More
08 Feb 2012 08:08 #22645 by lonewolf170
haha yea. I haven't registered yet :/ but will shortly!

More
08 Feb 2012 08:14 #22646 by garfi3ld
you can register now and then come back and pay once your ready to pay. Of course make sure to do that before the price goes up also :)

Wes

More
08 Feb 2012 10:23 #22656 by Arxon
I will have a ride. My father is going to this one.

More
08 Feb 2012 10:23 #22657 by garfi3ld
good deal!

Wes

More
08 Feb 2012 23:49 #22669 by Lersar

starkiller wrote: Is Kelf coming this time Adam?

He is going to do everything in his power. He just had a baby girl born yesterday, and he is a groomsmen in some admin's wedding the weekend after the LAN, so it may be hard for him to pull.

More
09 Feb 2012 02:51 #22678 by Arxon
I just sent an email to a friend who works for LoL to try and get us some maxed out accounts for this lan tourney. If we can get 10-20 accounts the tourney would be A LOT easier to set up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar, Davey_Boy

More
09 Feb 2012 03:52 #22683 by Davey_Boy

Lersar wrote:

He is going to do everything in his power. He just had a baby girl born yesterday, and he is a groomsmen in some admin's wedding the weekend after the LAN, so it may be hard for him to pull.

ah ok. Does this mean that I can have Adam on my team?? :woohoo:

More
09 Feb 2012 04:38 #22693 by Lersar

starkiller wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Not ran by staff = My excuse is gone :D

More
09 Feb 2012 05:42 #22700 by Davey_Boy

Lersar wrote:

starkiller wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Not ran by staff = My excuse is gone :D

!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
09 Feb 2012 05:46 #22701 by Plague
I am also interested in this since I don't have to worry about it.

I want to get my teemo on.

More
09 Feb 2012 06:20 #22703 by Twodavez

Arxon wrote: I just sent an email to a friend who works for LoL to try and get us some maxed out accounts for this lan tourney. If we can get 10-20 accounts the tourney would be A LOT easier to set up.

Having a maxed out character is only going to be as good as the person playing them... But it's a cool idea. I'd rather get some Riot points or something for winning. IU LAN Was able to work their "I Go to a Big UNiversity so give us stuff" magic and gave like 5000 riot points to everyone on the winning team...

Come on Riot, don't let LAN OC down!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
09 Feb 2012 07:15 #22706 by Arxon
I could see if they can do that as well.

More
09 Feb 2012 07:30 #22707 by Davey_Boy
Giving out Riot points? Then I wanna bring my own team! lol

More
09 Feb 2012 07:33 #22708 by garfi3ld
I agree on points. Anyone who plays in this exibition should be higher level. The point of this one is to have just a few experienced teams playing to have a few epic matches

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Wes

More
09 Feb 2012 08:17 #22709 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: I agree on points. Anyone who plays in this exibition should be higher level. The point of this one is to have just a few experienced teams playing to have a few epic matches

If the point is to have some epic matches, could you devote a little more time to the whole tourney and allow best 2/3 for a few of the games. It's hard to see who is clearly better if it's blind draw and one team gets lucky and picks better. Sometimes skill doesn't factor in as much...

I still think there is a way to have it where team one picks 1, team two picks 2, then back and forth with no duplicate champs... Then you can pick a balanced team and allow skill to dominate!

Just my $.02

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
09 Feb 2012 08:24 #22710 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote:
I still think there is a way to have it where team one picks 1, team two picks 2, then back and forth with no duplicate champs... Then you can pick a balanced team and allow skill to dominate!

Wouldn't that just be Draft pick?

More
09 Feb 2012 08:25 #22711 by Davey_Boy

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

yessir! :)

the reason we didnt do that last time was cause of the 14 champ limit. Last time there were lvl 1 summoners lol now that we all (hopefully) own 14 champs we can just do draft mode.

More
09 Feb 2012 08:35 #22712 by garfi3ld

Twodavez wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: I agree on points. Anyone who plays in this exibition should be higher level. The point of this one is to have just a few experienced teams playing to have a few epic matches

If the point is to have some epic matches, could you devote a little more time to the whole tourney and allow best 2/3 for a few of the games. It's hard to see who is clearly better if it's blind draw and one team gets lucky and picks better. Sometimes skill doesn't factor in as much...

Just my $.02

There is only so much time, keep in mind by fitting this is we are packing in more than what we normally do. It is also not to take away from the official tournaments also

Wes

More
09 Feb 2012 08:39 #22713 by Davey_Boy
Wes, draft mode is a mode where when you start the game it has it all timed out. Like you have 30 sec to ban a champ and then like 40 sec to do your shit. It'll be quick and painless :)

More
09 Feb 2012 08:43 #22714 by lonewolf170

Davey_Boy wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

yessir! :)

the reason we didnt do that last time was cause of the 14 champ limit. Last time there were lvl 1 summoners lol now that we all (hopefully) own 14 champs we can just do draft mode.

From being in past LoL tournaments with lvl 1's. We just did everything in chat in custom. Bans and picks. Therefore nothing was duplicated. Although not ideal, it worked fine.

And best 2/3 really can eat up time. For one round it can go 2-3 hours.

More
09 Feb 2012 09:17 #22715 by garfi3ld

Davey_Boy wrote: Wes, draft mode is a mode where when you start the game it has it all timed out. Like you have 30 sec to ban a champ and then like 40 sec to do your shit. It'll be quick and painless :)

thats not what takes time lol its the matches themselves

Wes

More
09 Feb 2012 09:20 #22716 by Arxon
if we do 3s instead of 5s it cuts matches down to 20-30 mins each.

More
09 Feb 2012 09:23 #22717 by garfi3ld
but then you have less people playing per team and more matches ;)

Wes

More
09 Feb 2012 09:41 #22719 by lonewolf170

Arxon wrote: if we do 3s instead of 5s it cuts matches down to 20-30 mins each.

TT is such an imbalanced map though.
If time needed to be cut down could run some Dominion mode, 20-25 minute matches. Haven't seen anyone doing that though and haven't played much so not sure if it's really balanced.

We have 2972 guests and no members online

supportus