LanOC v7.0 game talk

More
28 Jul 2010 10:12 #7635 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
jj_Sky5000 wrote:

I played a littel bit Alien Swarm could be used for a tourny like a speed round for 30 mins or a hour to see who can get teh farthist with a 4 player team!!!!

I was thinking the same thing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2010 10:35 #7636 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
Don't you level up in that game? Is there a way to make everyone on equal terms?

More
28 Jul 2010 12:20 #7641 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
Nacelle wrote:

Don't you level up in that game? Is there a way to make everyone on equal terms?

You could make random teams based upon skill level/game level. That's something i really liked at some other LAN's i've been to that you rate your skill at a certian game, and then the admins divide teams based on those rankings, instead of a mad dash to get the best players at the lan on your team for the tourney. With the computer programs out there, i think registering for tourney's through the local intranet at the LAN is fun and easy to make sure you got signed up. It's also very helpful to put PUG's together last minute as needed.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
28 Jul 2010 12:58 #7643 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
Twodavez wrote:

Nacelle wrote:

You could make random teams based upon skill level/game level. That's something i really liked at some other LAN's i've been to that you rate your skill at a certian game, and then the admins divide teams based on those rankings, instead of a mad dash to get the best players at the lan on your team for the tourney. With the computer programs out there, i think registering for tourney's through the local intranet at the LAN is fun and easy to make sure you got signed up. It's also very helpful to put PUG's together last minute as needed.

Actually if we're talking about the same LAN, that ended up being a big problem. A lot of the best players underestimated their skill and most of the tourneys were really lopsided. It's a tough problem to tackle.

More
28 Jul 2010 14:24 #7646 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
I vote for Plants vs Zombies!!!!

Alien Swarm
Lead and Gold
Dirt2
Starcraft
UT3 Haven't played in a long time
Shattered Horizon
L4D 1%2
COD4
Bad Company 2
MW2
CS:S
TF2
Half Life Deathmatch
Crysis Wars
WoW? lol j/k
Blacklight Tango Down
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
28 Jul 2010 15:28 #7647 by NitrosDragon
I like all this talk on Alien Swarm! Pretty much sums up or builds on what I've been thinking.

And HL:Deathmatch? I'm willing to give it a shot!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
28 Jul 2010 15:53 #7648 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Nacelle wrote:

Actually if we're talking about the same LAN, that ended up being a big problem. A lot of the best players underestimated their skill and most of the tourneys were really lopsided. It's a tough problem to tackle.

I think there was just one team where that was a problem, but i agree it was a big problem.
I liked it because it allowed players like me who don't play the game regularly to participate in more tourneys. If i had to form my own team, no-one would want me. So i guess it depends on if the LAN wants a few L33t teams to compete for the best of the best, or if they want lots of teams and for lots of participation from attendees...
Some games i can see the best of the best (tf2), but others like COD where people may not even own the game but wanna play can still ahve a good time.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
28 Jul 2010 22:57 #7653 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
NitrosDragon wrote:

I like all this talk on Alien Swarm! Pretty much sums up or builds on what I've been thinking.

And HL:Deathmatch? I'm willing to give it a shot!

Psh, HL2 Deathmatch is where it's at. :P

More
28 Jul 2010 23:20 #7654 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
I brought up HL:Deathmatch cause seemed like everyone has it. If over 75% of people have it, then we should play it.

There is some downtime at LAN's, we need games to fill in the gaps. That way people are playing something and no one gets left behind.

More
28 Jul 2010 23:57 #7655 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: LanOC v7.0 game talk
I had a pretty good time with DoD:S at Stompfest

We have 2040 guests and no members online

supportus