LanOC v7.0 Gaming Discussion and List

More
19 Aug 2010 05:46 #8313 by Kurzuul
I don't know how many players we would have, but I've been playing a Garry's Mod gametype called Trouble in Terrorist Town that freaking awesome.

Say you have 20 people. Two or so will be detectives, 4 or 5 will be traitors, and the rest innocents.

The traitors have to kill everyone else. Without being caught. The innocents are penalized for killing randomly, so you have to play smart. When a player dies, they are out for the round, and it doesn't show up until someone finds the body.

So basically, the terrorists have to play smart and kill when no one else is around, otherwise they are now a target for everyone.

The detectives can scan for DNA and have other abilities that help find the traitors.

Basically, this all leads to a VERY intense game full of paranoia. You'll have terrorists so smooth they'll kill someone in a group with a knife, then pin it on another person and have them killed. It's awesome. :D

However to play you need both Garry's mod AND CSS. (Although I think it was originally a CSS only gamemode so that might be a way around that.)

I'd love to get that game going.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2010 00:13 #8331 by Twodavez

Kurzuul wrote: I don't know how many players we would have, but I've been playing a Garry's Mod gametype called Trouble in Terrorist Town that freaking awesome.

Say you have 20 people. Two or so will be detectives, 4 or 5 will be traitors, and the rest innocents.

The traitors have to kill everyone else. Without being caught. The innocents are penalized for killing randomly, so you have to play smart. When a player dies, they are out for the round, and it doesn't show up until someone finds the body.

So basically, the terrorists have to play smart and kill when no one else is around, otherwise they are now a target for everyone.

The detectives can scan for DNA and have other abilities that help find the traitors.

Basically, this all leads to a VERY intense game full of paranoia. You'll have terrorists so smooth they'll kill someone in a group with a knife, then pin it on another person and have them killed. It's awesome. :D

However to play you need both Garry's mod AND CSS. (Although I think it was originally a CSS only gamemode so that might be a way around that.)

Sounds like a game called Mafia that we play in a group with some of my friends. www.partyplan.co.uk/asp/game_088.asp?CategoryId=15
It plays well without a PC, but i'm sure being at a LAN party, it would be fun to use the game as programmed...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
20 Aug 2010 00:15 #8332 by Lersar

Kurzuul wrote: I don't know how many players we would have, but I've been playing a Garry's Mod gametype called Trouble in Terrorist Town that freaking awesome.

Do you have a link for it or anything?

More
20 Aug 2010 05:41 #8338 by Kurzuul

Lersar wrote:

Do you have a link for it or anything?

ttt.badking.net/

Thar you be.

File Attachment:

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
20 Aug 2010 20:04 #8345 by Wingless92
I think we should play COD4. Love that game to death and it has LAN. I am also in for Lead and Gold. Not sure what it was but Jerome and I played for a good 3 hours last night in MW2 and it was a BLAST!!!! So much fun. If we could set up teams then jump in games and rip apart other teams that would also be fun, so were not just shooting each other.

Alien Swarm would be a great idea also.

I am gonna pick up COD WaW for the zombie game, both Stalker's and the Dogfighter game on Steam this weekend.

More
20 Aug 2010 22:12 - 20 Aug 2010 22:12 #8346 by Oh4sh0
Cod4 isn't so good for me anymore since Mr Fislar likes to aim at the ground now.. :laugh:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2010 22:12 by Oh4sh0.

More
20 Aug 2010 22:41 #8347 by Kurzuul
I forgot to mention that TTT is now packed in with Garry's mod so if you buy the GMOD+CS:S pack on Steam you are ready to play.

Alien Swarm would be a lot of fun I think. :D

File Attachment:

We have 1825 guests and no members online

supportus