LanOC v7.0 Gaming Discussion and List

More
19 Apr 2010 02:02 - 02 Jun 2010 04:19 #3922 by Leonresevil2
This topic is for discussing games we like and dislike, for LanOC v7.0. The more a certain game is mentioned, the more likely it will be kept for the final list. This is not a tournament list, nor an official list. If you agree on a game listed in the topic, feel free to repeat it, so we can tell what catches interest. And if you disagree, feel free to say so with some reason why. I will keep the list up to date, and 'spoiled' to keep it condensed. (Alternatives), {edits and info}, and [Tournament options] will be bracketed off accordingly.
And so...
The List:
Warning: Spoiler!

Original post, spoiled to condense:
Warning: Spoiler!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2010 04:19 by Leonresevil2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2010 12:39 - 19 Apr 2010 12:39 #3937 by Lersar
It'd be good to get some preferred maps too
Last edit: 19 Apr 2010 12:39 by Lersar.

More
19 Apr 2010 13:40 #3941 by Twodavez
I didn't know there was a LAN option for GTA4, but i think that type of game would be fun.
Also i'm not sure what the settings were for TF2, but i think that will continue to be a LAN favorite just because everyone has it and it can be played on most systems. I prefer Payload maps, and i've seen some MODS that measure how far the cart went in a 5 minute time period or how long it takes a team to capture points. Also i like having a larger team. Teams of 6 i think are too small to cover the maps that were built for 20+ people... If there is enough support, i think having less teams with more people would be more fun.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
19 Apr 2010 13:41 #3942 by technobear
MW2 any map any mode
BC2 *cringes a little* any map any mode
Dirt 2!!!!!!!!! * !! *
TF2 is always good
Flatout 2 ( i guess there is a patch but it cant be applied to our drag and drop..)
Shattered Horizon!!! ( come on this is like $10 on steam every third week)

I agree with Tiffany, i was hoping for more structured FPS action.. Though i was never lacking for a game.

I really liked the idea of the Flatout 2 Tourney because someone who hadnt played it before, or isnt very good at gaming had a chance to win.. Compared to a FPS tourney or RTS..

Honestly at this point im tired of UT games.. they're old and dated and playing against you guys that have mastered it years ago seems to be just an exercise in being target practice to someone who knows the exploits and tricks.

I think im done now..

More
19 Apr 2010 13:51 #3945 by Twodavez
technobear wrote:

Honestly at this point im tired of UT games.. they're old and dated and playing against you guys that have mastered it years ago seems to be just an exercise in being target practice to someone who knows the exploits and tricks.

I think im done now..

I have to agree with this. I've been to 2 or 3 Ft Wayne Gamers events where UT: Wars (or whatever it's called) is played and i still have no idea what i'm doing when i'm playing. I'm pretty much there to give others points and easy kills...
the only problem is that all the new games are online only or there are so many in a genre (FPS or RTS) that finding someone else or a few other people who have the game are are good enough to want to play it at a LAN is hard to do. I have some friends who love the Civ series, but to spend 4 hours playing a round at a LAN doesn't seem practical. Also some of the RTS take time to learn and are hard to pick up when playing against someone who love those types of games and play them lots.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
19 Apr 2010 14:03 #3946 by garfi3ld
I want to play more tf2 and mw2

My tf2 servers had issues so I ended up just hosting a stock 24 man server. That shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Wes

More
19 Apr 2010 14:06 #3948 by MurDerFace
I dont know how many ppl would be into it but im down for some more flatout i like that but i really wouldnt mind seeing Hawx at the next lan. Some may really like it but others would probably hate it but its different, im really into the game but i still have yet to see how it lans. Also as previouly mentioned at past lans we need a Hardcore mode or something along those lines Diablo 2 type tourny just for me lol :p

Werd up home slice

More
19 Apr 2010 14:11 #3950 by garfi3ld
im also up for hawx and trackmania

Wes

More
19 Apr 2010 14:24 - 19 Apr 2010 14:25 #3951 by MurDerFace
now that u mention it i am supprised that we didnt play trackmania at this lan.....i got an xbox controller and everything lol

Werd up home slice
Last edit: 19 Apr 2010 14:25 by MurDerFace.

More
19 Apr 2010 14:26 #3953 by garfi3ld
team waffle train was playing it at some point

Wes

We have 2023 guests and no members online

supportus