Newegg Warehouse in Indiana = Taxes

More
09 Apr 2014 02:39 - 09 Apr 2014 02:44 #34606 by Wingcmdr77
Got an e-mail tonight and in it contained this info:

(Link for background info- www.areadevelopment.com/newsitems/11-20-...-indiana548923.shtml)

On Sunday, April 6, Newegg opened a new, state-of-the-art warehouse in Indianapolis and began processing orders. The new facility will be a huge step forward for Newegg and, while many States were considered, Indiana presented the best solution.

While we are proud of our new facility and the faster shipping times it means to everyone in the Midwest, it also means we now have to charge sales tax on all orders in Indiana. So we’d like to offer you three months of Premier membership for free. Newegg Premier benefits include free expedited shipping, free returns, and exclusive deals and alerts. You’ll also be able to continue your Premier subscription after your trial, for just $49.99 per year.

To receive your three free months of Newegg Premier, simply sign up for Premier here before April 30. After your 1-month trial ends, we will automatically adjust your trial period to continue through the end of August.

If you have any questions about the information provided in this email, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team which is standing by to assist you. We can be reached through one of the convenient contact methods provided here.

If you are a tax-exempt organization, we encourage you to follow the instruction on this form to receive tax exemption when purchasing from Newegg.

We look forward to serving you faster and more efficiently than ever.

Sincerely,

Newegg.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Say its not true, more Taxes and from one of my favorite online Business's!!

At least we'll see faster ship times on a lot of products.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2014 02:44 by Wingcmdr77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 05:18 #34607 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Wingcmdr77 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Say its not true, more Taxes and from one of my favorite online Business's!!

At least we'll see faster ship times on a lot of products.

7% is a small price to pay for what will ultimately turn into overnight shipping. Currently if you order from TigerDirect, and choose UPS Ground for your shipping, you should get your items in 1-2 business days, as their closest warehouses are in IL, and GA. IL next day, GA 2 day.

This is great news. At least for my workplace, we now have another viable vendor for quick, inexpensive shipping. Before this warehouse opened, NewEggs closest warehouse was in NJ! Thats a 3 day ship.

More
09 Apr 2014 19:16 #34608 by Wingless92
I gave up on Newegg a long time ago. I use Amazon for everything now. I'll check out Newegg for prices and pic's and then buy it on Amazon. Then again, haven't bought any PC parts in a long time.

Amazon offers local express delivery to me so it's even faster. On certain products that is.

We have 2294 guests and no members online

supportus