Brand Loyalty

More
16 Oct 2013 04:01 - 16 Oct 2013 08:31 #33132 by garfi3ld
Brand Loyalty was created by garfi3ld
Are their any brands that you always go with whenever possible?

If so, is their a specific reason?

Wes
Last edit: 16 Oct 2013 08:31 by garfi3ld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2013 07:21 - 16 Oct 2013 07:23 #33134 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Brand Loyalty
Corsair RAM and Western Digital HDDs
Last edit: 16 Oct 2013 07:23 by Deb0.

More
16 Oct 2013 08:32 #33135 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Brand Loyalty
Is there a reason that you always go with those?

Wes

More
16 Oct 2013 15:54 #33136 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Brand Loyalty
SteelSeries and Kingston.

Both have designs and styles that just fit my taste, aesthetically and visually. Both manufactuer quality stuff and tend to put items into the market for greater reasons than just competitor A has one.

Probably more important though is the values of the companies. Quality tends to be very fair-weather. You LOVE a company because they have an awesome mouse, then you HATE that company because their headset was DOA. Aside from a few special cases, these things tend to ebb and flow. Especially when companies are going out on a limb to provide some uniqueness in an otherwise flooded market.

SteelSeries was founded on the idea of providing equipment for competitive gaming, high quality stuff that valued performance over appearance. They've deviated from that a bit in recent years, but continue to support e-sports and have several staple pieces of equipment that I would recommend to anyone.

Kingston in recent years have just been awesome in the e-sports community, hosting tournaments and sponsoring several teams. Plus they're really awesome, passionate guys.

More
16 Oct 2013 16:52 #33137 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic Brand Loyalty
Asrock Motherboards - great price and performance out of them and I haven't had any DOA or other wacky issues like I have had with MSI in the past.

G-Skill memory - same as above great price / performance and been rock steady for me in my systems.

Logitech for keyboards and mice - good design and longevity.

Seagate hard drives - reliability and performance of the drives (for non SSD drives)

I am the LAN!!!!

More
16 Oct 2013 18:41 #33138 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Brand Loyalty
I find that I am not very loyal to one brand in a specific area, but I gravitate to one or two when making decisions.

Example hard drives. Non-SSD I pick between WD and Seagate depending on price. I know both are good quality and I will get a drive that would last.

I think the only brand loyalty that I have had until my newest build was in video cards. But it wasn't really brand but chip builder. For probably about 10 years now I have used nothing but Radeon graphic cards, didn't matter the brand so much as the fact that it wasn't nvidia. Nvidia had some pretty shitty card back in the Geforce FX TI200 days, and it really turned me off to them and ATI was doing awesome at that time with the Radeon x850, which I still have and it still does amazing in a lot of gaming. Now with my most recent build I went with a 670 nvidia because of size issues with the case and it seem to be a good case, I am still feeling it out at the moment. Needless to say, if I could have got a card that would fit in this small case without modding I would have went Radeon.

that is my 2 cents.

More
16 Oct 2013 20:11 #33139 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Brand Loyalty

garfi3ld wrote: Is there a reason that you always go with those?

As far as Western Digital is concerned, I have never had a drive fail on me regardless of how much I ask of them. I still have the original 40GB drive from my first build back in '98 and, if I had an IDE connector, could boot a computer off of it right now.

The Corsair RAM is much the same. I have tried others and whether it be Kingston or Crucial I have never gotten the same reliability as I have with Corsair.

With me it is about reliability more then performance or price. When I build a system I expect it to last. I know it will get replaced years down the road but if for some reason I need to pull it out of the closet, I want it to work on command. I will pay a little extra for parts that can last a decade or more.

More
18 Oct 2013 00:25 #33158 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Brand Loyalty
Main one is AMD for me, it's easier to grasp. I can get a board and a chip and easily determine compatibility, while knowing the chipset won't be replaced immediately. No complex bridge names and numbers, no high prices and 6 cores that won't be touched by most games. It fits my needs and my personality, so I've grown to only use them.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1869 guests and no members online

supportus