DOOM 2016

More
26 May 2016 17:42 - 26 May 2016 17:43 #37928 by cytog64
DOOM 2016 was created by cytog64
While I have been recently caught up with the release of Overwatch as well as working on Season 6 of Diablo 3, I sort of missed the release of Id Software's DOOM.

As a player of the original series in the 1990s I wanted to purchase this one and give it a chance. My hope going into this game is that it would fill the void in my life for lots of mindless violence, a variety of guns, and maybe a little bit of a story.

I've played 2 missions so far and am very happy with the single player. The tension of the game is close to my first experience with the Deadspace series, though this game is not survivor horror (like they tried with doom 3). Music is the hard rock delight that I loved from the Quake 2 series. Finally, the best part for me so far are the Easter eggs I have found.
Last edit: 26 May 2016 17:43 by cytog64. Reason: vid link broken
The following user(s) said Thank You: trgtprctc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 12:58 #38005 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic DOOM 2016
I thought I replied to this when it was first posted but this is one of the games I've been hoping to pick up. I've seen it on sale a few times but haven't had time to play it recently so I've skipped out on the sales. Did you continue playing the game or does it have a short lifespan?

Wes

More
16 Jul 2016 13:23 #38011 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic DOOM 2016
I enjoyed the story single player for about a week, played one game of deathmatch, then went back to farming wings on diablo 3. I bet it will be popular at QuakeCon (Aug 4-7). I'll replay it in the future...it has a nice fast pace.

We have 1854 guests and no members online

supportus