Supernova - MOBA RTS

More
06 Mar 2015 03:48 #36364 by Lersar
Supernova - MOBA RTS was created by Lersar
I recently got into the alpha for Supernova, a "MOBA RTS" from Bandai Namco. I've had the opportunity to play through the tutorial and a few practice games, and so far I've really been enjoying it. It's classic MOBA with three lanes and champions, but the "RTS" aspect comes from the fact that you also decide what types of "creeps" spawn at each wave to go in your lane. There is a Starcraft-esque x counters y schema to it, and a nice "battle summary" of each wave to help you see what type of unit you need to add to your waves. You can also spend resources to upgrade the units, much like classic RTS style. There aren't any items per-say, but instead you directly upgrade your desired stats (such as attack damage, ability power, lifesteal, armor, etc) with points you accumulate each level, but they are only spendable at the base. So basically they are like more granular items, you can choose what stats you want instead of buying items that bundle them.

You can sign-up for the Alpha below. I signed up earlier this week and got an invite yesterday so they seem to be pretty generous with invites. If you get in and want to play, let me know.

supernovagame.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2015 20:14 #36365 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Supernova - MOBA RTS
Sounds interesting. Are wave intervals longer than the standard 3 lane affair though? Seems to me like tactical decisions being made every minute on top of micromanaging you own shit might be a little more nerve wracking than its worth. At least in Starcraft you get to concentrate on the micro.

More
07 Mar 2015 16:27 #36372 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Supernova - MOBA RTS
I was actually worried about that as well. I don't recall specifics about intervals, but the overlay to select units is always present on your overlay. Think of it like skills; it shows current quantity of the different types of units, and when you have enough to purchase one, it has an indicator above it so you can just click. They also have a great recommendation system so you can choose wisely even if you can't do research at the moment.

More
10 Mar 2015 20:55 #36382 by Ropplestiltskin
Well I just got my email today for the alpha so I will be joining you.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
09 Apr 2015 18:34 #36593 by Lersar
I have 3 alpha keys and the alpha opens back up this weekend. Let me know if interested and I'll PM.

More
09 Apr 2015 19:43 #36594 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Supernova - MOBA RTS
Sadly I have prior engagements.

More
16 Apr 2015 15:56 #36604 by Lersar
I don't think these were only for this past weekend, so if you'd like to get in on future alpha access I still have these available.

More
21 Apr 2015 18:53 #36618 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Supernova - MOBA RTS
I have some spare keys as well. Seems like gaining access is very easy. Sometime I need to actually play it.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1641 guests and no members online

supportus