Payday - The Heist

More
24 Oct 2011 16:05 - 24 Oct 2011 16:05 #20521 by Twodavez
Payday - The Heist was created by Twodavez
So, as a person in the banking industry, this game kinda worries me. I understand that there are many games out there that are questionable where killing cops, stealing cars, and uses ladies of the night to gain health are part of the game. But something that is designed about strickly robbing a bank and killing as many Cops that come in as possible? Seems alittle much... Can you play as the Cops, or just as the robbers? Also there doesn't seem to be much strategy, just hack and slash through innocent people and cops, FBI, or whatever other authority figure that gets in your way.
If it was more strategic i could see the appeal, but if you just wanna shoot people coming after you, isn't there already enough FPS'ers out there to get your fix? Why center it around violently robbing multiple banks?

store.steampowered.com/app/24240/?snr=1_5_9__205

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 24 Oct 2011 16:05 by Twodavez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2011 23:08 #20527 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Ill be honest, it looks like fun.

But I hadn't seen it before now

Wes

More
24 Oct 2011 23:14 #20529 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
The point isn't to kill the cops, just to rob the bank. But one of the main rules of a shootout is to fire first. I plan on playing this at some point.You can only play as the robbers and there is stratagy to it, as you go on objectives must be met while holding off police forces.

More
25 Oct 2011 00:12 #20532 by Koolaid84
Replied by Koolaid84 on topic Re: Payday - The Heist

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
25 Oct 2011 00:25 - 25 Oct 2011 00:26 #20533 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Dave, if you think that about this game. I would like to know your opinion on Tea Party Zombies game(teapartyzombiesmustdie.com) when you go through the Fox News building killing news personalities. Same idea. It is just a game, and it should be all for fun, but some of these games same like they just want to through gas on a fire with the way the world is at the moment.

sorry just my two cent.

NOTE: I am not talking politics, just games. hehe
Last edit: 25 Oct 2011 00:26 by Plague.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
25 Oct 2011 00:49 #20536 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Shooting cops and innocent people is what I like about the game. Can't do it in real life so you might as well do it in a vidga game.

I'm joking BTW.

Does seem like it would be fun for a group of us to get in on it.

Money Money Moooooney, MONEY!!!

More
25 Oct 2011 01:33 #20538 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Plague, i guess with the news thing, there is an element that could never be, the zombies, so if you were zombies robbing the bank, i guess that would be different. I agree the game looks intersting, just think they could've had you breaking into top secret bunkers to steal top secret items, instead of robbing banks which could more easlity be done, if you were stupid enough to try it in real life.
I stayed home sick today with a touch of food poisoning, i think, so maybe i was just extra sensetive to the topic. Luckily i don't work in a Banking branch, but with todays economic climate, just seems like it's in poor taste to put out a game to rob banks and make it that in depth.
Also the trailer is 90% killing cops/SWAT team members, and 10% working together as a team and completing objectives. I guess if it was more Rainbow 6 style where you had to plan and everyone needed to do their part to survive, it would've been better, instead it comes across as a hack and slash cop killer & bank robber...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Oct 2011 02:12 #20539 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
For 20 bucks it didnt look too bad to me. :)

More
25 Oct 2011 03:08 #20540 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Real question is here is it any fun to play? I see it has 4 player co-op but I just hope it isn't shovelware like that JFK Assassination game.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
25 Oct 2011 21:04 - 25 Oct 2011 21:06 #20550 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
It definitely looks average, and not very strategic. I agree with Dave that it's not really appropriate, and doesn't seem to put the focus on escaping with minimal casualties. Seems just like an attempt to offer 4-player co-op like every other game these days, while cashing in on the new American dream of getting rich quick, likely by crimes and killing the 'government'. It's just inappropriate.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2011 21:06 by Leonresevil2.

• Kelf
  • Hear reason, or she'll make you feel her.
More
28 Oct 2011 04:14 #20593 by Kelf
Replied by Kelf on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
Eh, i don't know about anyone else but I've played way more inappropriate games, take grand theft auto where you can kill innocents and cops all day, hit up strip clubs, get serviced by prostitutes then bash there brains in with a baseball bat, run over motorcyclist (my favorite) and many other things you cannot do in real life that are very inappropriate. I can see your worry since it directly involves your profession Dave but remember its a game bro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shroud

More
31 Oct 2011 22:04 #20633 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: Payday - The Heist
There are worse things out there, but like GTA you don't have to do those things, you can do many things other than that, and you aren't really rewarded for them. This game just feels icky by pushing for that behavior.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2568 guests and no members online

supportus