Wireless router to router

More
16 Feb 2012 08:08 #22957 by Teedo_r
Ok was just wondering if i can take my belkin wireless router and make it act as a wireless adapter to connect some things in the living room to my wireless modem/router

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2012 13:40 #22961 by Plague
if the firmware can be replacement with (I think it is called) DRT firmware then yes. I have a linksys router that I use a wireless adapter for my xbox.

More
16 Feb 2012 18:36 - 16 Feb 2012 18:36 #22963 by Reaper
If it isn't compatible with the firmware flash (or by stock ROM), here is an absolutely affordable and truly awesome device that I am beginning to coin the swiss army knife of WAP's and will do what you need:

Link: www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c...format=2#description

~ $25 for a wireless N AP... It has TONS of features, some of which you only find on the > $100 models, among them is bridged mode which is what you are looking for. Check out the Customer Reviews tab if you don't believe me on how good this thing is. I think my favorite comment in there is:

``I'm an IT consultant for small businesses. I keep a few of these in my trunk for when a client says "What would it take to get wireless in here". DONE. "I get a bad signal in this end of the office." Repeater mode... DONE. "Can you make this network printer wireless?" Client bridge... DONE. Up-charge them $40 for the unit and they don't even blink at the price. Every one of the units I've installed so far has been rock solid. Runs cool to the touch and just works. It's like a refrigerator... just silently works. If you could install DD-WRT on it I'd use one in my own home. ''
Last edit: 16 Feb 2012 18:36 by Reaper.

More
17 Feb 2012 03:35 #22986 by Plague

Reaper wrote: DD-WRT

that is what I meant. I couldn't remember the name.

We have 2429 guests and no members online

supportus